Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dantor
Dantor
resident

[QUESTION] Contradictory properties Empty [QUESTION] Contradictory properties

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:07 am
[QUESTION] Contradictory properties Erholu10

The left symbol:
Fresh parent - Rest levels decrease faster.
The right symbol:
Restzistance (That's not a correct word in the xml-file. I assume you mean "resistance") - Rest levels decrease slower.

A check is missing here so that contradictory properties are not assigned.
Inge Jones
fellow

[QUESTION] Contradictory properties Empty Re: [QUESTION] Contradictory properties

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:37 am
How come the panel is part English and part German?
1313e
resident

[QUESTION] Contradictory properties Empty Re: [QUESTION] Contradictory properties

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:41 am
What is wrong with two properties canceling each other out?
Yeah, it looks a bit weird, but there is never wrong with it.
Inge Jones
fellow

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:43 am
Yeah right, 1313e lol!
Dantor
Dantor
resident

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:46 pm
Inge Jones wrote:How come the panel is part English and part German?

There are German texts to download, created by the community. But since some passages have been translated a bit badly, I did it myself again. For "Master of Science" I don't have a suitable translation yet.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:28 pm
Hello everybody!

German and all other translations (except English and Czech made by ourselves) have been made by community - wait for more language fixes - there are many people in the community translating Project Hospital to their native languages in their free time - please be patient.

Regarding the perks - they are given to characters by +/- random - this case is not contradictory, every perk add certain bonuses/sanctions to character.
Dantor
Dantor
resident

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:51 am
igor.oxymoron wrote:Regarding the perks - they are given to characters by +/- random - this case is not contradictory, every perk add certain bonuses/sanctions to character.

Sorry, but I think you're overlooking the real problem here: the lack of a check to conflicting properties - and there are some examples of that:
- early bird/night owl
- clean/dirty feet
- cooperative/aggressive
- shameless/shy
- slow/fast movement

And of course it may be possible that some of these characteristics do not necessarily contradict each other in real life, but in such a simulation the real life is not represented, but only a small excerpt. And especially for newbies such information like above could be confusing.
Only my opinion.
Inge Jones
fellow

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 am
Though... rather than have the devs create a more complex trait database for allowed-with and not-allowed-with attributes, I guess I'm happy enough to just assume that someone like that has neither of those traits in effect.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 am
Dantor wrote:
igor.oxymoron wrote:Regarding the perks - they are given to characters by +/- random - this case is not contradictory, every perk add certain bonuses/sanctions to character.

Sorry, but I think you're overlooking the real problem here: the lack of a check to conflicting properties - and there are some examples of that:
- early bird/night owl
- clean/dirty feet
- cooperative/aggressive
- shameless/shy
- slow/fast movement

And of course it may be possible that some of these characteristics do not necessarily contradict each other in real life, but in such a simulation the real life is not represented, but only a small excerpt. And especially for newbies such information like above could be confusing.
Only my opinion.

Hello! well, pairs of perks that are opposites (for example those that you mentioned) are controlled through script - no character in the game can have both of them at the same time, but there are perks, that may resemble to opposites, but they are not - it is the case of Rezistance and Fresh parent.

Simplification - every perk that is not involved in its opposite gives certain value of bonus or sanction - this value is different. EXAMPLE: Fresh parent and Rezistance at the same time in one character - the result will not be nullified, but there will be some value that is not null.
Inge Jones
fellow

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:55 pm
What does fresh parent and rezistance actually mean? They are not terms I am familiar with as traits
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:07 pm
Every perk has its description in the tooltip Wink
Inge Jones
fellow

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:44 pm
I see. Out of interest, what was the original phrase that got translated as "fresh parent" ?
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:51 pm
Hello - if you have some suggestions about names, text, description, please, post them here:

https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/f4-features-suggestions
Inge Jones
fellow

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:57 pm
I am still curious to hear the original, I want to see what Google translate makes of it!
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Ok - as you wish: čerstvý rodič Wink
language: czech
Inge Jones
fellow

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:13 pm
Ah right, so what this indicates is the member of staff has just become a parent and they're being kept up at nights by the baby, this means they start the day already a little tired? Not sure extra rest periods are going to help with this, I think they will be more likely to make mistakes all day long really. What they need is actual sleep

Last edited by Inge Jones on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:14 pm
Exactly !!! Wink
Inge Jones
fellow

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:17 pm
The question is how can we deal with this meaningfully in the game without it seeming like a simple negation.  The guy needs to stay tired all day even when he has just had a rest - so his energy/rest bar will never fully fill no matter how long or often he rests.  I think you could change the words to "New parent" because in English, "fresh" tends to mean "rested and ready to go" That might be what was confusing me.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 pm
Well - it is up to you how you will deal with this employee - you can always fire him :-D

Ok - we will consider your suggestion about renaming this perk Wink

And thank you for your feedback Wink
Inge Jones
fellow

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:26 pm
Too right! Off he goes, can't have slackers on my team! Very Happy
Dantor
Dantor
resident

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:41 pm
igor.oxymoron wrote:Hello! well, pairs of perks that are opposites (for example those that you mentioned) are controlled through script - no character in the game can have both of them at the same time, but there are perks, that may resemble to opposites, but they are not - it is the case of Rezistance and Fresh parent.

Simplification - every perk that is not involved in its opposite gives certain value of bonus or sanction - this value is different. EXAMPLE:  Fresh parent and Rezistance at the same time in one character - the result will not be nullified, but there will be some value that is  not null.

Thank you, then I am reassured that there is actually this check!

And please don't misunderstand me if I'm a bit brash. I just like the game so much. And English is not my mother tongue, so I might express myself wrong sometimes.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:44 pm
We are always happy to hear from you - players- that you like the game and we really appreciate any feedback / question /report from every one player.

Thank you Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum