Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Keenie
resident

Planing tool Empty Planing tool

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
If there is one thing I would like to have in this game, is a planning tool to draw and plan where you want to build and plan the rooms..... the economy is hard enough as it is but when make a mistake about the foundations and rebuild is expensive to Razz
pedropenido
pedropenido
resident

Planing tool Empty Re: Planing tool

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 am
Nice idea!!!
Inge Jones
fellow

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 am
This is how I would most like it to work (not trying to speak for anyone else). I would actually like the planning tool to be the full build mode as it is now, complete with being able to place objects. In this mode you can move things around, delete and replace as much as you like without spending any money. The reason I'd like it like this is that sometimes I can't be sure how much space to allow for a room or exactly what shape it needs to be until I have made sure all the necessary equipment is fitted in. Anyway, after building your hospital this way, you indicate that you have finished planning, and at that point, in play mode you just see your empty lot and in build mode you see your hospital drawn out in kind of blueprint or floorplan mode. So suppose you are ready to build now... In build mode you select the rooms and corridors you are ready to build, and if you can afford it, they spring into being. After that if you want to alter anything in that built area you pay for the work. In play mode now you just see the part of the hospital you have built. You build the other sections when you are ready. You can change the plans if you need to, but only for the parts you have never built.
Keenie
resident

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:00 am
Inge Jones wrote:This is how I would most like it to work (not trying to speak for anyone else).  I would actually like the planning tool to be the full build mode as it is now, complete with being able to place objects.  In this mode you can move things around, delete and replace as much as you like without spending any money.  The reason I'd like it like this is that sometimes I can't be sure how much space to allow for a room or exactly what shape it needs to be until I have made sure all the necessary equipment is fitted in.   Anyway, after building your hospital this way, you indicate that you have finished planning, and at that point, in play mode you just see your empty lot and in build mode you see your hospital drawn out in kind of blueprint or floorplan mode.  So suppose you are ready to build now...  In build mode you select the rooms and corridors you are ready to build, and if you can afford it, they spring into being.  After that if you want to alter anything in that built area you pay for the work.  In play mode now you just see the part of the hospital you have built.  You build the other sections when you are ready.  You can change the plans if you need to, but only for the parts you have never built.

A planning tool as simple as what is in example Prison Architect would be enoug for me, it has walls function, then solid squares to signify objects and hollow one to signify as walkway/doors, objects in Project Hospital is mostly one square except the beds, so going through the work of ghost object tool them all wouldnt be needed for me tbh, but just a marked that for example places a pole or white box to show heres a item planned, but most importan is the opurtunity to draw foundations/walls, or even use the floor planning in management as it is now without needing foundatrions even is more than good enough for me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum