Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

[RESOLVED] Staff Experience Empty [RESOLVED] Staff Experience

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm
Doctors can level up and learn a specialization from intern level

Nurses don't

Technologists don't

Am I doing something wrong or can they not learn? (Nurses with no specilizations can't train to become receptionists or surgery nurses? Technologists with no specilizations can't learn Radiology or Advanced Biochemistry?)
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

[RESOLVED] Staff Experience Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff Experience

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 pm
So I just tested my theory.

Here is a Technologist that I employed as an intern with no specializations. He is now level 2. He still has no specializations. I can't chose one, I can't change his department from the Emergency icon next to his portrait, nor can I change it from the 'Select Department' button. I can't change his work station to one of the Radiology labs as he doesn't have Radiology (A specialization available to level 2 Technologists that I employed at level 2, along with Advanced Biochemistry, Cardiology, Neurology, etc.)

If the Technologists (And I suspect Nurses but am yet to trial that scenario) can't be up-skilled, why have Interns available? I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong but, as I now know there is no version of me changing their job or department without the relevant specialization, I can now definitely diagnose this as a bug.

[RESOLVED] Staff Experience Techno10
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:28 am
I don't think it's actually possible to change the department for any of your staff.
It makes sense for doctors because they're specialized, but not for your other staff.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:59 am
But if that's the case and you can't level up, change specialization or department for Nurses or Technologists, why have the 'Intern' level that comes with nothing? Surely the idea would be that you can either go ahead and pay for the specialization now with a MUCH higher salary per person, or you can pay less for Interns and watch them develop and learn, the trade off is that things that require the specialization take longer to achieve.

For instance, I only employ Interns at Emergency. Once they level up they can move onto a new department and work in that departments office (General Surgery for instance). Once they gain more experience they can move onto the hospitalization and change to either Operative Surgery, or Anaesthesiology, there's a progressive tree. The same should be true for all staff. I should be able to have an Intern Technologist in the Lab, once they have experience they can move to Radiology or Neurology or even stay where they are with Advanced Biochemistry. Would that not make more sense and be a better pay off for using Interns and playing a slower, long game?
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:59 pm
And so I can confirm that Nurses suffer the same fate as Technologists too. They can't learn a specialization after levelling up.

[RESOLVED] Staff Experience Nurse10

Can this be fixed please? I'd like to be able to nurture my employees and give them goals and not rely on the more expensive ones with specializations please...

If I'm doing something wrong please let me know so that I can change the way I play to make it work, or can you give an ETA on a fix?

Many thanks
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Hello everybody!
We are really sorry for this issue - we will fix it as soon as possible!
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:21 pm
That's wonderful news. That I was right and not that there's a bug in what I must otherwise say is an incredible game. I'm having a lot of fun playing it, designing a hospital and learning the mechanics. Congratulations on what I consider the best hospital management game available.

I'd be amiss if I didn't ask how long you think it will take till a patch will be available though? Many thanks
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:25 pm
Thank you very much - it is always really very nice to hear from you, players, that you like it Wink

That is one of the motivating factors to make it better!!
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:42 am
igor.oxymoron wrote:Thank you very much  - it is always really very nice to hear from you, players, that you like it Wink

That is one of the motivating factors to make it better!!

If we didn't like the game we wouldn't be bothering to report the bugs Smile
Every bug report is a player saying "I really like this game and I want to keep playing it but this thing is bothering me. Please fix it so I can enjoy the game more."
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:10 pm
That's exactly right. We're here to say "I'm having a good time here but I've seen something that you may not have encountered before that may need attention". And I really am enjoying the game. Having said that, I'm eager to know when you think you may be able to implement a fix for it so I can carry on playing and enjoying the game to its full potential.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:53 am
The respective fix on nurses & lab technicians specializations should hopefully appear in the next patch Wink
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:08 am
That's awesome news Very Happy

I hope that patch comes soon, I can't wait for it.

Thank you for fixing it, great job by all the team
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum