Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
varnent
medic

[RESOLVED] Tutorial 3 - stuck at transfer of patient to HDU Empty [RESOLVED] Tutorial 3 - stuck at transfer of patient to HDU

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 am
I have done tutorial 3 a couple times now, and always get stuck with the initial transfer of patient to surgery (HUD room I believe?). It provides a message that suggests to wait, but then I get a message saying one of those rooms is unavailable, and nothing seems to happen from there.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Tutorial 3 - stuck at transfer of patient to HDU Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Tutorial 3 - stuck at transfer of patient to HDU

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 am
Hi, could you please check the following:
- Management mode, select General Surgery - is everything green and checked in the Hospitalization panel on the right side of the screen?
- If you look at the room markers on the floor, are there any grayed-out rooms (there would be a reason written in the top corner)?

If everything looks ok, please save the game after the first message about rooms appears and attach it here, we'll have a look (use the "Reply to topic" button to get to the file upload dialog). Thanks!
TennSeven
medic

[RESOLVED] Tutorial 3 - stuck at transfer of patient to HDU Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Tutorial 3 - stuck at transfer of patient to HDU

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:08 pm
I am having the same issue.  The tutorial walks me through building an HDU room for your General Surgery department, then brings in a patient via ambulance.  I do a differential diagnostic and it says the patient has a Penetrated Spleen Rupture.  Following the tutorial I selected the General Operation department for the patient and the game adds "HDU Hospitalization" to Active Treatments, then the tutorial says "Let's wait for our patient to be transferred to their room..." etc.  But the patient is never transferred and after some time I get a notice that rooms are not available, even though the HDU room is empty.

- I have gone into Management Mode, selected General Surgery, and everything is green and checked in the panel on the right side of the screen.
- There are no grayed-out rooms associated with general surgery.

I have attached a save file.

EDIT: I saw that the room description in the management mode kept saying that the room was missing equipment, even though it had everything that was required and the room management overlay showed the room in green, not gray. Indeed, the tutorial continued after I added all of the equipment to that room, indicating that I had successfully built the HDU room and could proceed.

I tried moving and re-placing the room's equipment and after awhile everything started working. I then noticed that there seems to be some kind of dependency system with the equipment that was not explained in prior tutorials. In this case, the bed requires the bedside cabinet and the life support equipment to be placed in specific locations relative to the bed, designated by (I believe) blue arrows, and a blue color on those items when they are held in the correct spot before placement.

Once I figured out this dependency system and placed everything with the correct orientation things started working again.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 pm
TennSeven wrote:I am having the same issue.  The tutorial walks me through building an HDU room for your General Surgery department, then brings in a patient via ambulance.  I do a differential diagnostic and it says the patient has a Penetrated Spleen Rupture.  Following the tutorial I selected the General Operation department for the patient and the game adds "HDU Hospitalization" to Active Treatments, then the tutorial says "Let's wait for our patient to be transferred to their room..." etc.  But the patient is never transferred and after some time I get a notice that rooms are not available, even though the HDU room is empty.

- I have gone into Management Mode, selected General Surgery, and everything is green and checked in the panel on the right side of the screen.

EDIT: I saw that the room description in the management mode kept saying that the room was missing equipment, even though it had everything that was required and the room management overlay showed the room in green, not gray.  Indeed, the tutorial continued after I added all of the equipment to that room, indicating that I had successfully built the HDU room and could proceed.

I tried moving and re-placing the room's equipment and after awhile everything started working.  I then noticed that there seems to be some kind of dependency system with the equipment that was not explained in prior tutorials.  In this case, the bed requires the bedside cabinet and the life support equipment to be placed in specific locations relative to the bed, designated by (I believe) blue arrows, and a blue color on those items when they are held in the correct spot before placement.

Once I figured out this dependency system and placed everything with the correct orientation things started working again.

Hi, thank you for your report. I just checked your save and yes there seems to be High priority room missing (due to missing equipment) on General surgery department.
You can see it in the management mode that there is the red triangle telling you that not all rooms have been built. There is also red triangle blinking in the main panel signaling that also.
The dependencies are covered in the second building tutorial and yes the blue arrows are signaling where objects that needs to be connected go.
The strange part is that, when the patient is supposed to be transferred the room should be functional. If it is not, the tutorial should not continue unless you have the room functional. I just tested it and i could not progress until it was done.
Do you by any chance remember how you managed to get past the objective? The next one is hiring a surgeon and I see that you have one. Any additional information would be very helpful. Have a great day and sorry for the inconvenience.

ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:41 pm
TennSeven wrote:I am having the same issue.  The tutorial walks me through building an HDU room for your General Surgery department, then brings in a patient via ambulance.  I do a differential diagnostic and it says the patient has a Penetrated Spleen Rupture.  Following the tutorial I selected the General Operation department for the patient and the game adds "HDU Hospitalization" to Active Treatments, then the tutorial says "Let's wait for our patient to be transferred to their room..." etc.  But the patient is never transferred and after some time I get a notice that rooms are not available, even though the HDU room is empty.

EDIT: I saw that the room description in the management mode kept saying that the room was missing equipment, even though it had everything that was required and the room management overlay showed the room in green, not gray.  Indeed, the tutorial continued after I added all of the equipment to that room, indicating that I had successfully built the HDU room and could proceed.

I tried moving and re-placing the room's equipment and after awhile everything started working.  I then noticed that there seems to be some kind of dependency system with the equipment that was not explained in prior tutorials.  In this case, the bed requires the bedside cabinet and the life support equipment to be placed in specific locations relative to the bed, designated by (I believe) blue arrows, and a blue color on those items when they are held in the correct spot before placement.

Hi, its me again. Great news, thanks to your report we found the culprit that was causing this. If you placed all the things into the room, but not on the correct places and then moved a bed (which is the thing that you have most likely done), it would be evaluated as functional and tutorial would continue. And then be stuck on the patient transfer. This was one of those unexplained bugs that was causing stuck patients and we did not know how it have happened. And the fix will be in the next patch. So extremely big thank you:)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum