Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EndlessDreamZ
intern

[OPEN] Patient Distribution Bug Empty [OPEN] Patient Distribution Bug

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:00 pm
So, I'm not 100% sure this a bug, or if the AI patient distribution just needs a few fine tweaks.

From what I have observed in my last 2-3 hospitals is that doctors offices that are nearer to the entrance get more patients compared to the doctors offices that are further away.
Initially I thought that this was due to proximity of the waiting room to doctors offices but with my current hospital I decided to make the entire corridor where my doctors offices are located into the waiting room.

This hasn't worked unfortunately, from my observations the patients seem to fill the waiting room from left to right, instead of close proximity to their doctor, this then creates a loop where the doctors offices that are further left(closer to the entrance) are almost always critical or high in demand.

I've attached 2 different pictures, one from day 5 and another from day 10, both have the same issue.

It should be noted that I have increased the amount of patients and changed rewards for some of the insurance companies, increased the total amount of amount floors.
Attachments
[OPEN] Patient Distribution Bug Attachment
Potential Bug 5.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
Potential Bug Day 10.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.7 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
North Seattle General.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(956 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Patient Distribution Bug Empty Re: [OPEN] Patient Distribution Bug

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi, thanks for the report - this is probably a side effect of how patients prefer to choose their doctors, especially in a very long waiting rooms - when patients arrive, they choose the closest chair in the waiting room and then the closest free doctor when it's their turn to be called. On one hand this looks natural, seeing patients gradually fill the doctors offices in the morning, but as a side effect it causes some doctors to be much more busy than the rest - we can consider a more random approach instead.
One possible workaround you can try is to split the waiting room in two, that should help for now. Smile
EndlessDreamZ
intern

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:38 pm
So I have given this an attempt, but still have the same issue where regardless the choose the left most doctor, though it does seem to split the patients between the 2 waiting rooms. If I can make a suggestion, maybe just add this as a function of the Reception nurse where they distribute the patients among all providers of that specific department. Then if you don't use reception, that game with default back to the current patient sorting mechanic. Just an idea, likely already thought of by you the developers.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum