Go down
1313e
resident

[NEED MORE INFO] Hospitalization at different departments Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Hospitalization at different departments

on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:51 am
Something that I have noticed, is that the moment you enable hospitalization at one department (so, Emergency), your hospital starts getting flooded with patients that require hospitalization at departments that are not open (not even their offices are).
I have noticed that this solely happens for patients that require hospitalization; patients that simply require the office at a department will only require one that you currently have opened (with the exception of the Radiology and Medical Laboratory departments, as they have no offices but are support departments for all other departments, which I am fine with).
This is incredibly annoying, as not only does it cost you a lot of patients (because, they get hospitalized at Emergency, require hospitalization at a different department which you don't have and then get transferred to a different hospital, losing the insurance payment of that patient), but it also lowers the prestige of your hospital (as many patients were not treated).
On top of that, it is just irritating in general, as I am trying to make a good functioning hospital.

I also noticed that this becomes a much bigger problem if you have the hospitalization rooms at other departments already built, but not opened.
agritite
resident

[NEED MORE INFO] Hospitalization at different departments Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Hospitalization at different departments

on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:24 pm
Yes, this means that you must enable hospitalization for at least Emergency, Surgery, and Internal at the same time. To achieve this, you either have to enable free building, or to save at least 200k.
I didn't know this during my first play, and my hospital was immediately crippled with debt.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Hospitalization at different departments Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Hospitalization at different departments

on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Hi, the rules should be actually the same for all patients, regardless of whether they need to be hospitalized or not - only diagnoses from/for the open departments should spawn. Could you attach a save with an example so we can have a look?

Still, diagnoses from any department can show in the list in patient's cards if the symptoms match and it's possible that if your doctors select a wrong diagnosis, this can indeed happen (although I woudn't expect this would be common).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum