Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MRPENGUINE
resident

[QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing Empty [QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:48 pm
the game animation is freezing during game - but the timer is still going - this is happening after modding on the new update - i tried playing it with v-sync, the same happens then the game crashes. i read that people previously have that problem too ? so how do i fix it - i have the steam version.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing Empty Re: [QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:45 am
Hi, when this happens, it usually means there's a hidden error popping up every frame. As you mentioned this is in a modded version, there's a lot of possible things that can go wrong - if you installed mods from the workshop, you can check with the authors if they are compatible with the latest version (new objects and gameplay tweaks usually are).

And these steps can help you find more info about the issue:
- Options screen in main menu will print errors if something went wrong with loading the game database
- The log file will have the error that's happening ingame, so it could give you a hint what it is related to
MRPENGUINE
resident

[QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing Empty Re: [QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 pm
which log file would that be - where the game is installed or the saved location ?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:23 pm
Hi, it should be next to the folder with saves - here's a list of all the locations for all systems: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t717-how-to-report-bugs
MRPENGUINE
resident

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:25 pm
im guessing its got nothing to do with the mods from the workshop but from what i edited. but i cant seem to see the error.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:38 pm
Hi, if you attach the log file, we can try to have a look when we find a bit of time. Generally it's probably the best to backup your changes, revert to the original state and start introducing them step by step and always check that the game still works. Also feel free to open a thread about this in the https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/f7-modders-corner section.
MRPENGUINE
resident

[QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing Empty the game freeze output.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm
so what i did was edit the departments and insert the so called emergency radiology examinations and an operating theatre in the emergency section. oh and i was also playing the hospital scenarios from workshop. its easier if i show u the files. and speaking of which where is the coding that allows the ICU dpt to choose the surgeries - it would be good for the ER to have that without hospitalising patients.
Attachments
[QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing Attachment
output_log.txt cant find the problem use to workYou don't have permission to download attachments.(460 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
[QUESTION, MODDING] game animation freezing Attachment
trials.zip its all the files i edited in - the game works though - but freezes after a duration of time.You don't have permission to download attachments.(59 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi, first I think the error is coming from <SecondDoctorSpecializations> at your modified emergency - in now only has one item, emergency needs to have two.

Unfortunately emergency has a lot (over a hundred) specific rules in code when it comes to staff and staff roles, hiring, procedures, hospitalization, UI etc., so I'm afraid adding surgery would be only possible on our side and would take a few days to make it work. But at least the new examinations should be possible to implement.

It's a similar case with ICU, there are a few specific sections of code that evaluate priorities of ICU patients for surgeries etc., so not much that can be done on the side of the XMLs.
I'm sorry these aren't exactly good news. Smile At least I can discuss this with the designers - if it makes sense we can consider adding the "sending patients to surgery directly from emergency" rule to our list for future work.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum