Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ecnahc
intern

There are never enough patients Empty There are never enough patients

Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:11 pm
I believe the game could use some balancing. I frequently find in the 2nd campaign and in sandbox mode that I am never able to get the number of patients to meet the insurance objectives. Maybe I am missing something, but I've wracked up 34 hours of playtime and still can't seem to beat the 2nd campaign. I love the game to death but I am beginning to think it just isn't balanced correctly, yet. In the 2nd campaign, I finally reached the objective to treat 50 patients a day, but I am never sent 50 patients. Nor is there enough room in the hospital, without using mods to increase the floor number, to house all the inpatients that would be needed. Just my humble opinion.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

There are never enough patients Empty Re: There are never enough patients

Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:43 pm
Hi, you're correct, this doesn't sound right. Smile

Maybe a blind guess - do you have enough room for patients to wait in the reception room/area? This can easily become a bottleneck if they have to come one by one.

If this is not the problem, feel free to upload a save for us to have a look at. (Or do we have a recent one from one of the bug reports? Actually I think I've seen the problem with reception in one of these recently).
ecnahc
intern

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:04 pm
As in they need actual seats for the insurance to send more patients? I noticed on the insurance screen the numbers of patients sent are in yellow like something is affecting it, but I always tend to have more seats available than are ever needed.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:31 pm
Hi, if we're talking about yellow numbers, that would be the effect of the overall prestige lowering the patient numbers. You can check the tooltip for more details - just hover over the star rating on the main panel.

Btw - I'm not sure if events are already available at the stage of the level you're in, but patients from events also count towards the objective (the epidemic event would be the best for this).
ecnahc
intern

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:13 am
I see what you mean about prestige reducing the number of patients, but my prestige is over 3 stars. I am using prefabs and decorating my hospital, but my patient load is cut. Is it working as desired, or do I need 4-star prestige to get the normal amount of patients?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 am
Hi, looking at the configuration, the patient numbers are:

50% at 2 stars or lower up to 100% at 4.5 stars and 5% bonus if you max out the prestige.

I'm sure there are some guides to getting high prestige, but in short: apart form the basic things like nicely equipped common rooms, making sure that each department has a chief doctor or isn't pushing the staff too hard, it's also worth checking staff for negative perks and maybe aiming for prestige bonus from successfully completing events and not being in debt. Hope this helps!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum