Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Shanxx
medic

[OPEN LOW] Unexplained "Exposed to Weather" Debuff for Staff Empty [OPEN LOW] Unexplained "Exposed to Weather" Debuff for Staff

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:08 am
Description:
Started a new game today and all staff above the ground floor are getting a "Exposed to Weather" debuff in the satisfaction indicator.

Repro steps:
1. Run the saved game
2. Open the staff info for any character in working above the ground floor
3. Hover your mouse on the satisfaction indicator.
4. Observe the "Exposed to Weather" debuff

Attached
Saved game
Screenshot with doctor's card open and needs menu showing "Exposed to Weather"
Log from the game

Thanks!
Attachments
[OPEN LOW] Unexplained "Exposed to Weather" Debuff for Staff Attachment
Multilevel Exposed to Weather.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.1 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
Log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(39 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Screenshot.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

[OPEN LOW] Unexplained "Exposed to Weather" Debuff for Staff Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Unexplained "Exposed to Weather" Debuff for Staff

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:50 am
Hi Shanxx, just to start off, love the hospital, the layout looks really awesome.

Most importantly, I have found two issues:
Firstly,
Spoiler:
The AI might be seeing this as 'access' to the outside and causing the debuff, this is the easy part. I enclosed the little white floor area in walls so the AI 'couldn't' access the roof and this worked while using the 2nd point.

Secondly,
All the planning needs to go unfortunately, there seems to be a bug at the moment that any planning is been counted as apart of the hospital. This seems to make the AI think that apart of the hospital is outside of the hospital and they get the debuff. Not 100% sure why they get the debuff if they aren't on the same floor or why it lasts until shift change. Might be issues too.
Unfortunately I tried just closing in the elevator and that didn't work alone (I'll admit i didn't try not enclosing it just removing the planned rooms though).

Actioning those, fixing the elevator and removing planned rooms and waiting until shift change seems to fix the issue for me, let me know how you go.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] Unexplained "Exposed to Weather" Debuff for Staff Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Unexplained "Exposed to Weather" Debuff for Staff

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:43 am
Hi, thanks for the message! Currently the 'debuff' gets applied every time a character walks through a room without walls - but it makes sense to change it to only 'indoor rooms without walls', should be an easy fix.
Shanxx
medic

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:38 pm
Thanks for the replies and taking the time to investigate.

Just to I guess validate to what was already said, I ran a test of leaving the elevator not enclosed (I forgot about that little area outside of the doors) and just deleted all of the planned areas that were outdoors. Sure enough, the debuff went away.

Thanks again! I'm really enjoying the game!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum