Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
QEUH
QEUH
specialist
Posts : 239
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2018-03-26
Location : Glasgow

Department layout inspiration Empty Department layout inspiration

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I thought it would be good to look at real world lay-outs when designing hospitals in future, as such, here's the design used by most of the inpatient wards where I work. There are more layouts from the plans if anyone is interested.

Each floor has four of these wards in a star shape.


Last edited by QEUH on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
rsdworker
specialist
Posts : 149
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2018-03-28

Department layout inspiration Empty Re: Department layout inspiration

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 am
nice idea - a layouts would be nice - for non odd shapes - a simple box designs can be found in some hosptials - example in older hosptials - a set of bays with side rooms
in newer hosptials all single bed rooms and few bay rooms
avatar
Daza92
resident
Posts : 14
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-05-09
Age : 29
Location : Edinburgh

Department layout inspiration Empty Re: Department layout inspiration

Wed May 09, 2018 12:34 am
QEUH wrote:

Each floor has four of these wards in a star shape.

Department layout inspiration Wardla10

Almost as if it should be nicknamed the Deathstar... Razz
QEUH
QEUH
specialist
Posts : 239
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2018-03-26
Location : Glasgow

Department layout inspiration Empty Re: Department layout inspiration

Wed May 09, 2018 1:19 am
Daza92 wrote:
QEUH wrote:

Each floor has four of these wards in a star shape.

Department layout inspiration Wardla10

Almost as if it should be nicknamed the Deathstar... Razz

Are you a fellow Betty's?
avatar
Daza92
resident
Posts : 14
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-05-09
Age : 29
Location : Edinburgh

Department layout inspiration Empty Re: Department layout inspiration

Wed May 09, 2018 1:43 am
QEUH wrote:
Daza92 wrote:
QEUH wrote:

Each floor has four of these wards in a star shape.

Department layout inspiration Wardla10

Almost as if it should be nicknamed the Deathstar... Razz

Are you a fellow Betty's?

Nah, over the other side of the country at the real Royal Infirmary haha
Sponsored content

Department layout inspiration Empty Re: Department layout inspiration

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum