Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
thejabbe
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab

Tue May 19, 2020 10:42 am
Strange behavior: Nancy does not use the equipment cabinets in the lab, she walks elsewhere and to me seems to pick a random cabinet from other departmets etc.

In the included save, she has just left the histology lab and is on her way to the HDU in gen surgery in the top floor. She goes to a cabinet, which.. ahem.. is not even there? She seems to repeat this with every new sample she begins to work on.

Why does the scientist use the equipment cabinet in the first place? I have observed when Nancy begins handling a new sample, she walks to an equipment cabinet first. These cabinets are not mandatory, not even recommended for histology lab, yes? The histology lab is an included prefab, but the prefab does not include equipment cabinets as such. So, I tried placing said cabinets in the lab.

The story: I hired Nancy Lee to work in my histology lab, because the newly built hospitalization in surgery has placed a lot of pressure on handling samples also during the night. I know she is inexperienced, and night time alone in a lab can be a difficult experience for some of us. But she is wasting time walking around in the hospital!
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab Attachment
Player.log.zip [Technologist Nancy Lee , 1007001640]: Deleted object reserved when activating a use component!You don't have permission to download attachments.(8 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
[NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab Attachment
Histology lab trainee adventures.zip Follow Nancy, the Junior ScientistYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.6 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab

Tue May 19, 2020 1:28 pm
Hi, thanks for the message! Before we investigate further, here's a quick explanation how samples are handled: when you order a 'sampling' procedure for a hospitalized patient, a doctor takes the sample and stores it in a cabinet in the room, then somebody from a lab comes to pick it up when they're free. Is it possible you're just seeing this behavior?
thejabbe
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Scientist does not use equipment cabinet in the lab

Tue May 19, 2020 1:57 pm
Hi,

thank you for taking the time to reply and explain this for me. What you said must be what i'm seeing. Sorry, I did not realize the samples of hospitalized ppl were kept in the equipment cabinets!

It's just that the labs have such Jurassic Park level sample storages,  and those storages also show the number of samples stored. If such storage is required in the lab, how do samples "stay fresh" in a meager cabinet in a doctor's office? Catch my drift?

What I'm saying that it wasn't clear why she was wandering around. She only said: "handlig samples". Perhaps clearer would have been "fetching samples from hospitalization" etc. I think the game state could be more obvious here. And then she kept going back again and again, picking one sample at a time, which seemed inefficient.

Suggestion: better text to clearly indicate the scientist is picking up and transfering samples from hospitalization to lab. (With clinic this is obvious, because patients take the samples there themselves)

Suggestion: how about a dedicated, perhaps smaller sample storage in hospitalization? Then, when a scientist is free, they'd come and collect perhaps several samples and transferring them to the sample storage in the lab (instead of picking them up one at a time).

It's just that my junior scientist had to pick the samples up one at a time, and that seemed inefficient to me. Of course I could improve this by building a lab closer to general surgery, but I just can't afford it at the moment!

Once again, thank you for taking time to reply and thanks for a great game!
thejabbe
intern

Tue May 19, 2020 2:03 pm
Also, what happens in my savefile, is that a cabinet containing samples was allowed to be deleted. That's why the scientist appears to go to a cabinet that's no longer there. I believe this supports the idea of a dedicated sample storage in hospitalization, that could even show up as being "in use" as beds etc show up being used and thus cannot be deleted or moved till they are free.

What do you think?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum