Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nubbins01
intern

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer Empty [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer

Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 am
Basically the title. Have a patient who's only remaining critical symptom is Kidney Progressive Damage that requires Dialysis to treat, but patient is currently in ICU due to a previous collapse. He is not being assigned to a DU in GS despite there being free rooms with doctor capacity. When there is a free room, it says he is waiting for a technologist, but then other non critical patients are put in that room ahead of him and it switches back to "waiting for a free treatment room". This repeats ad nauseum.

Anything that can be done?

EDIT: This post here seems to indicate that two years ago there were no critical symptoms that require ICU, but as you can see from my screenshot, the progressive kidney disease symptom DOES, which may explain why this patient is untreatable.
Attachments
[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer Attachment
2020-07-08 13_45_28-Project Hospital.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(373 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer Attachment
2020-07-08 13_46_43-Project Hospital.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(936 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 am
nubbins01 wrote:Basically the title. Have a patient who's only remaining critical symptom is Kidney Progressive Damage that requires Dialysis to treat, but patient is currently in ICU due to a previous collapse. He is not being assigned to a DU in GS despite there being free rooms with doctor capacity. When there is a free room, it says he is waiting for a technologist, but then other non critical patients are put in that room ahead of him and it switches back to "waiting for a free treatment room". This repeats ad nauseum.

Anything that can be done?

EDIT: This post here seems to indicate that two years ago there were no critical symptoms that require ICU, but as you can see from my screenshot, the progressive kidney disease symptom DOES, which may explain why this patient is untreatable.

Hi and thank you for the report. Can you please upload your save file so we can have a look, why is the patient skipped. There has been a lot of changes during those two years and Dialysis should be doable also when patient is on ICU.
nubbins01
intern

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]ICU patient has critical symptom that requires Dialysis in GS, will not transfer

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm
Yeah, i'll give you a save file with that patient. See attached. I think he was favourited at this point. That patient ended up dying because they were stuck in that waiting loop.

I have had patients since then with similar circumstances who have been treated and survived, don't think I made any significant changes post the moment of this save to make that happen, but that does make me think maybe it's something specific to that patient and/or the hospital setup at some moment earlier in that patient's care. Not sure if diagnostic unit patients are prioritised other than first in first out, so maybe a backlog of lower care patients needed to be worked through? (just before this save I had hired a few more diag only doctors for GS to try and resolve the problem).

Ta!
Attachments
see if dialysis man dies.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.9 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:29 pm
nubbins01 wrote:Yeah, i'll give you a save file with that patient. See attached. I think he was favourited at this point. That patient ended up dying because they were stuck in that waiting loop.

I have had patients since then with similar circumstances who have been treated and survived, don't think I made any significant changes post the moment of this save to make that happen, but that does make me think maybe it's something specific to that patient and/or the hospital setup at some moment earlier in that patient's care. Not sure if diagnostic unit patients are prioritised other than first in first out, so maybe a backlog of lower care patients needed to be worked through? (just before this save I had hired a few more diag only doctors for GS to try and resolve the problem).

Ta!

Hi and thank you for your save file. I will admit, it took me couple of tries and bit a of luck, but I managed to save the patient:)
First i can confirm that patient will get transfers to the diagnostic unit , once the unit and doctor are free (you can also mark the patient and code blue to get him priority)
Second - the reason for the long wait is the huge number of patients. You have around 60 of them and only 7 doctors on a night shift and some with Diagnostics role turned off.
So hiring more of them and adding some more diagnostic units will help.
nubbins01
intern

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:00 pm
Yeah, ok. Still only now getting a grasp on the ratios - GS seems to dominate every other department in terms of patients and required on call rooms. I put a few more diag only doctors (I think most of my non diags were people I was trying to get to only do surgery), and that seems to have opened the pipes up.

I also was not running the free DLC so was not even aware of the Code Blue option. Very helpful for non surgical procedures where you still need to manually massage the priority order.

So obviously not a bug in the end. Thanks for your help and very prompt triaging. I think i'll go ahead and pick up the other DLC now Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum