Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rook
medic

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading Empty [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading

Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:42 am
Hello,

It seems only the .zip files are not loading. I think I have provided whats need to fix this. If not please let me know.

Thanks,
Rook

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading Img-0940[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading Img_0910
Attachments
[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading Attachment
output_log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(9 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading Attachment
nEWEST SAVE IN SEPT.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3.3 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading Empty Re: [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:38 am
Hi Rook, thanks for joining the forum to let us know about the issue!

Looking at the log, the problem will be related to a .tmp file that's left in the folder with saves (AppData\LocalLow\Oxymoron Games\Project Hospital\maps\SaveInfo.xml.tmp) - could you please check if you can see it there in Windows Explorer and try to delete it by hand? Btw, the game already tries to delete any leftover .tmp files in the folder in case something went wrong with the zip compression, but maybe in this case something unusual happened with access rights or maybe disk space, so it would be great if you could share any specific details you find so we understand the issue better.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience!

rook likes this post

rook
medic

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading Empty Re: [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Saved games not loading

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Thanks for responding.

Just wanted to give an update. I was able to locate and delete (SaveInfo.xml.tmp) but still not able to load saved games. However, I remembered that this has happened before, figured it was some minor glitch, and I just started a new game. Once I went to save that new game, I noticed that all the zip files in red where now able to load and play again. So this time I just loaded the loadable file, (the xml file that you see in the image) played for a few secs, and went to save it. And most recent zip files were no longer red. But older files were still not able to load.

To give further info, I had not experienced any crashes, or any issues with my disk space. Also, no issues with other Steam games loading, so I'm not sure what the issue is. If I find anymore info, I will for sure update this post if possible.

Love the game BTW lol.

Thanks again,
Rook
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:26 am
Hi, thanks for the update - the behavior is indeed really strange (most likely the only case of this very specific issue), so of course feel free to let us know if you have any more info. Smile

Btw, I'm not sure if this is what you've already done with one of the saves, but unzipping the saves (the big xml files) could help you access the otherwise broken older saves - the game can load the saves directly in the xml format, it just won't correctly display the save info in the loading dialog.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum