Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BeeJeeBee
intern

[RESOLVED] No visitors gift shop Empty [RESOLVED] No visitors gift shop

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:20 pm
I'm really enjoying the game but having issues with the gift shop. I built one in my hospital but couldn't get it to work. Trying to resolve it I built 2 additional gift shops but none of them are working. Did built a lobby and the lobby is working.

Am I overlooking something stupid or is this a bug? I tried to investigate the matter myself but couldn't find how to get it to work.

Any help on the matter or just confirmation that this is indeed a bug would be greatly appreciated.

[RESOLVED] No visitors gift shop Giftsh10
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] No visitors gift shop Empty Re: [RESOLVED] No visitors gift shop

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:52 pm
Hi, thanks for the message! Looking at the save, I can see that the the gift shop vendor doesn't have the matching skill - which is interesting, when you're hiring employees for this room, the game only offers you candidates that are qualified for the position. Smile Have you by any chance reassigned a janitor/manager from another room? Having quickly checked, the game doesn't prevent this from happening, so we have a candidate for a quick fix for the next patch.
BeeJeeBee
intern

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 pm
Thanks for your reply.

I feel kind of stupid because I never looked at janitors I could hire for the gift shop (with specialization) and my own janitors.

What was/is confusing is that you do not seem to be able to choose specializations for janitors that level up or am I missing something?
Also there is a difference between for example doctors and nurses in the management mode (nurse at the reception, with specialization Receptionist, Doctor in on-call room, specialized in operative surgeon vs Manages the gift shop and sells gifts to vendors). Same also applies for the Janitor manager and on a small side note, shouldnt the Janitor manager be removed from the night in the management mode overview?

Background: playing a game where I only hire one star employees and level and train them on the job.

Thanks for helping me out, I know what's wrong now and thanks for the great game!
BeeJeeBee
intern

Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:56 pm
Was playing 1.2.22660 (thanks for the update btw!) but it is still possible to assign janitors without specialization to the gift shop.

Are there any plans to be able to choose specializations for janitors once they level up cause that would be great I think.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:05 pm
Hi, some good news and quick explanation:

We have a fix ready, but as the changed file is part of the Hospital Services DLC, it can't be put on a beta branch of the main game, so it should pop up with the official release of the update.
Also, we changed the character editor so it creates janitors at lvl. 2 so they have a specialization available.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum