Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
compmomnc
medic

Autosave and disasters Empty Autosave and disasters

Sat May 05, 2018 8:57 am
I really hope this game has an autosave feature.

I also hope that if there are disasters, that we have a way to control their existence in each game configuration we choose.  I hated dealing with earthquakes in Theme Hospital and found  it extremely frustrating since after you experienced a earthquake, you  had to spend so much time and money to fix/repair/replace the damage in your game.  A good disaster is not bad to keep you on your toes, but it got really old really fast in Theme Hospital. I look forward to what the devs have up their sleeves.
Numptychops
attending

Autosave and disasters Empty Re: Autosave and disasters

Sat May 05, 2018 2:18 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
My hope is the 'disasters' are medical emergencies rather than natural disasters. This is more fitting with the general theme of the game and of course is quite realistic when you consider hospitals around the world are having to deal with medical emergencies on a daily basis! The most simple example I can think of is the classic RTA bringing in a large number of patients to your accident and emergency unit. I'm not completely adverse to natural disasters, as long as they're very rare occurrences!

Autosave and also pause + quick load are things I hope are optional. I understand why people love those options, but I hope they give us a true challenge mode where we're forced to deal with everything as it happens! If it's an option you can select, then it pleases everyone because you can just select what you want!
alex4605
alex4605
intern

Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I hope there still can be random Natural Disaster in the game. However, rather than destroying hospital property. It should be an disaster-caused Mass Casualty Incident that require the player's decent strategy to handle with it. For instance, earthquake can cause dozens of trauma victim. It will require player to think how to distribute manpower between triage , treatment and post trauma care.
It will be an interesting scenario to play Very Happy Very Happy
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:13 am
Hi, sorry for the late reply, good news though Smile

compmomnc wrote:I really hope this game has an autosave feature.
Yes, autosave is available - it's also a useful tool for us when testing the game, so we implemented it quite early.

compmomnc wrote:I also hope that if there are disasters, that we have a way to control their existence in each game configuration we choose. I hated dealing with earthquakes in Theme Hospital and found it extremely frustrating since after you experienced a earthquake, you had to spend so much time and money to fix/repair/replace the damage in your game. A good disaster is not bad to keep you on your toes, but it got really old really fast in Theme Hospital. I look forward to what the devs have up their sleeves.
There will be different events and medical emergencies, but we're currently not planning anything that would damage the actual hospital or cut power etc. We have some epidemics of traffic accidents on the list, an earthquake like Alex suggests could be added as one of the bigger ones.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum