Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!)

+8
Алекс74
ondrej.oxymoron
Azap634
dollface34
n.brad
Medic_956
keneda45
jan.oxymoron
12 posters
Go down
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!)

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:12 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Hi all, here's a few pointers on how to report issues in the game. We're trying to fix all bugs you come across, so a good detailed report really helps! Smile

Generally - if you come across the game freezing, a problem with placing of tools or furniture, non-working game mechanics or characters getting completely stuck, please let us know!
Please create a new topic here under Bug reports (not a quick reply, it's much easier to follow when each report has its own thread) and attach whichever files are relevant (a form to attach a file shows up below the text editor window).

To make the report as useful as possible, please try to add all the following. Note (2023): We're currently preparing to move to a new forum with both our games. As a result we're not using the premium service of this forum's provider anymore, so this doesn't allow adding attachments. Feel free to send the files to bugs@oxymoron.games

• Clear description of the issue
  • Screenshot or a video
  • Saved game  (it's usually still possible to save, the game also autosaves twice a day or every hour, so an autosave file from a couple in-game hours earlier can help too)
    - Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Oxymoron Games\Project Hospital\maps
    - Linux: /home/USERNAME/.config/unity3d/Oxymoron Games/Project Hospital/maps/
    - Mac:  /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/unity.Oxymoron Games.Project Hospital/maps
  • Log - remember to compress/ ZIP gamelog, to be able to upload it to the forum
    - Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Oxymoron Games\Project Hospital\output_log.txt
    - If you have problem accessing the hidden AppData folder, try entering %AppData% in windows explorer
    - Linux: /home/USERNAME/.config/unity3d/Oxymoron Games/Project Hospital/Player.log
    - Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note for playing with mods:
While we try to have a look at every bug, it's unfortunately not realistic for us to install similar set of mods for each save and of course while we love to see all the new content modded in, playing with mods is always at YOUR OWN RISK. Smile
Sometimes we'll be able to investigate the problem according to the log file or screenshots, but we can't guarantee we'll be able to help, especially it can often be one of the mods responsible for the issue. Please see https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t2300-reporting-issues-with-modded-game for more info.

Quick guide - finding log file and saves on windows (for Windows 7, 8 and 10)

Open Explorer, type in %appdata% to the address bar, press Enter
How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Appdat10

Click just Appdata to go one level up
How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Appdat11

Continue to LocalLow, Oxymoron Games, Project Hospital - both log files and maps (saves) should be there
How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Appdat12

Here's a completely made up example of a bug report:

Description:
A doctor got stuck on a toilet after being fired.

Repro steps
I fired a doctor named Bobby Slob from my emergency department, working at one of the Doctor's offices, while he was going to the loo. He got stuck on the toilet and never left, clicking any buttons in his card didn't help. He's still sitting there while all the other staff have left after their shift ended.

Notes: if the issue concerns a character and you're attaching a saved game, don't forget to mention their name!

Attachments sent to bugs@oxymoron.games
  • Saved game
  • Autosave from when the doctor is still ok (can potentially be really helpful)
  • Screenshot with doctor's card open and the poor doctor in the view (especially if there's no save game)
  • Log from the game

Last edited by jan.oxymoron on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:08 pm; edited 12 times in total
keneda45
medic

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty Re: How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!)

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:42 pm

The patient remains stuck in the mri room. I have built another mri exam room but the patients are not invited back. The doctor stays on his computer.
Medic_956
medic

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty Re: How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!)

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:26 am
Your pathway for save files in windows does not appear to be accurate in Windows 10 (or it's just me). But I don't have the "AppData," inside my user name files. I'd love to upload a bug if you can help me.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 am
Medic_956 wrote:Your pathway for save files in windows does not appear to be accurate in Windows 10 (or it's just me).  But I don't have the "AppData," inside my user name files.  I'd love to upload a bug if you can help me.

Hi, the AppData folder can be hidden, can you try typing %AppData% in windows file explorer? That should get you there, other option would be to enable hidden files ("Show hidden files, folders, and drives" in file explorer options).
n.brad
medic

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty New Update Bugs

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:53 pm
Hi There

I have experienced the following bugs since the most recent update which include;

- Unable to start a new game. The sandbox mode does not allow for either of the empty lands to upload.
- Unable to start a new campaign.
- On loading a saved game with the changes, patients are unable to access rooms
- I am unable to place any prefab rooms, create new rooms, or place objects
- All patients have an eye patch

Is it recommended to remove the game completely and download again?

Many Thanks
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:32 pm
n.brad wrote:Hi There

I have experienced the following bugs since the most recent update which include;

- Unable to start a new game. The sandbox mode does not allow for either of the empty lands to upload.
- Unable to start a new campaign.
- On loading a saved game with the changes, patients are unable to access rooms
- I am unable to place any prefab rooms, create new rooms, or place objects
- All patients have an eye patch

Is it recommended to remove the game completely and download again?

Many Thanks

Hi, thanks for the report - we've noticed that there are some problems with certain mods since the update, so if you're playing with mods, could you try to unsubscribe from them on the workshop? The next version that should be out later today will be also able to handle this. If not, could you please start a new thread and try to upload the log file? We should be able to find mode details about what exactly went wrong there. Thanks in advance!
dollface34
medic

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty Evaluations have to be done manually

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:28 pm
When a patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome it says they cannot be diagnosed but Evaluation is green. When you manually click it they get Recommendations as a treatment and then the patient is good. There is a pop up that happens that says patient cannot be treated.  Attached save file. I am going to test it without Mods. Although I only had max refund and increased payout ones.  Very Happy
Attachments
How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Attachment
Project H.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.3 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:56 am
dollface34 wrote:When a patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome it says they cannot be diagnosed but Evaluation is green. When you manually click it they get Recommendations as a treatment and then the patient is good. There is a pop up that happens that says patient cannot be treated.  Attached save file. I am going to test it without Mods. Although I only had max refund and increased payout ones.  Very Happy

Hi, thanks for the report! Having run the save for a few ingame days, all popups seem to pop up as expected. Actually, it's quite likely that the 'increased payouts' mod is responsible, it probably has to modify diagnoses directly to change the payments and we're aware of a few mods that aren't compatible with the game anymore since version 1.2 (I'll need to double-check this one though). If you still run across this without the mods, of course let us know! Btw feel free to start a new topic under Bug Reports in that case. Smile
dollface34
medic

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:23 pm
No more issues after I removed the mod! Thank you for quick reply. I LOVE this game!
Azap634
medic

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty Internal Medicine Surgery

Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:28 am
Hey,
Whenever a patient in the internal medicine department needs surgery, it doesn't work. I can't hire doctors with surgery, nor nurses with medical surgery. This will then cause my patient to be transported away to another hospital.
Please help.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:50 am
Azap634 wrote:Hey,
Whenever a patient in the internal medicine department needs surgery, it doesn't work. I can't hire doctors with surgery, nor nurses with medical surgery. This will then cause my patient to be transported away to another hospital.
Please help.

Hi, thanks for the message. But in the big patch 24 surgery was removed from internal medicine with a big rebalance of the diagnoses and operating room got replaced by a new specialized unit. Info here: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/868360?emclan=103582791462390719&emgid=2189255823656588424
Do you have your game updated to the latest version? If you still have these patients, they will stop spawning the next day, so let the game run thought the night. Patients already spawned and in the hospital will be sent to another hospital, there was no way to delete them without corrupting the save.
Also, when adding a bug, please create a new topic under the Bug reports. It helps us to keep track of the bugs. Thank you
Алекс74
medic

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:05 pm
Привет.

С выходом последнего патча 30 повылезало множество багов в Административном департаменте, особенно в Кафетерии, где появились половинки каталок и проекторы вместо стоек с едой, а также в Магазине подарков, там появились Каталки с пациентами и Экраны проекторов вместо Стоек с журналами и Полок с цветами. В Комнате Обучения тоже вместо Проектора появилась половинка каталки с пациентом. Во вкладках Медицинское оборудование и Мебель и аксессуары тоже самое, некоторые предметы забагованы. Порядок только в Аптеке. Это как то вообще исправляется?
Adereus
medic

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty No Bed

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:37 pm
After last update no.30 - now I can't see beds in hospital.[img]How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) 123411[/img]
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:45 am
Алекс74 wrote:Привет.

С выходом последнего патча 30 повылезало множество багов в Административном департаменте, особенно в Кафетерии, где появились половинки каталок и проекторы вместо стоек с едой, а также в Магазине подарков, там появились Каталки с пациентами и Экраны проекторов вместо Стоек с журналами и Полок с цветами. В Комнате Обучения тоже вместо Проектора появилась половинка каталки с пациентом. Во вкладках Медицинское оборудование и Мебель и аксессуары тоже самое, некоторые предметы забагованы. Порядок только в Аптеке. Это как то вообще исправляется?

Hi, the latest update introduced some unwanted graphical glitches and we are sorry for the inconvenience. But the good news that it should be fixed now, so updating the game should fix it.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 am
Adereus wrote:After last update no.30 - now I can't see beds in hospital.How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) <a href=How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) 123411" />

Hi, thanks for the message! Do you have any mods installed? This seems to be caused by the Urology mod, which needs to be updated to be compatible with the latest version of the game. If you have an urology department built in your hospital, it should be relatively safe to play with the invisible beds for now, otherwise feel free to uninstall the mod.

Adereus likes this post

pvaccarello
intern

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty CRASH TO DESKTOP

Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:39 am
Hi,

i created a new topic two days ago, but I have not received any response. I try here, please excuse me for re-question but I would like to play and currently it is not possible

During the game and in particular during the construction of the interior (but not only) the game crashes on the desktop. I can hear music and effects, and I can even click on the game without seeing what.

meanwhile I have updated the video card drivers (nvidia geforce GT 220) and i installed Process Lasso without solution.
Attachments
output_log.zip LogYou don't have permission to download attachments.(139 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
test-requisiti.JPG Steam requirements testYou don't have permission to download attachments.(63 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
lasso-crash.JPG Process Lasso time of crash screenshotYou don't have permission to download attachments.(66 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
juanjo_cu
medic

How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Empty Project Hospital in GFN!

Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:25 pm
Now that "Project Hospital" is in "GeForce Now" after 10 hours of gameplay, I see that Mods don't load in GFN.
How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Projec11

juanjo_cu likes this post

vojta.oxymoron
vojta.oxymoron
attending

Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:42 am
juanjo_cu wrote:Now that "Project Hospital" is in "GeForce Now" after 10 hours of gameplay, I see that Mods don't load in GFN.
How to report bugs (please use bugs@oxymoron.games for attachments!) Projec11

Hi! I am afraid that having mods on Nvidia GeForce Now is not handled by the game so by us, but Steam must handle it. I would recommend to verify if all mods are subscribed in the game catalog and restart the game.

If that doesn' help, I noticed these tips on RimWorld forum.

I hope it helps.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum