Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alexhenry760
medic

[RESOLVED STEAM CRASH] Game Freeze & Crash during tutorital Empty [RESOLVED STEAM CRASH] Game Freeze & Crash during tutorital

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:17 am
My game keeps crashing during the tutorials whenever I try to interact with anything.
In tutorial 1, when I try to diagnose the first patient with an illness, my game freezes and after about four minutes, it crashes.
In tutorial 2, I tried to place the 20x20 foundation and once I clicked that it crashed as well.
I have attached my logs and a video.
Trying to run on a mid-2015 MacBook Air and all of my specs are above the minimums posted on your steam page.
Attachments
[RESOLVED STEAM CRASH] Game Freeze & Crash during tutorital Attachment
Player.log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(6 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED STEAM CRASH] Game Freeze & Crash during tutorital Empty Re: [RESOLVED STEAM CRASH] Game Freeze & Crash during tutorital

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:03 am
Hi, thanks for the report, very sorry to hear this!

The issue seems to be coming from the Steam integration in the game when awarding achievements - we'll investigate further but the chances are we'll need to look for a workaround, as this very error seems to get reported from different games.
At this point I'd even say - consider refunding the Steam version and get the game on GOG or Humble (the DRM free builds won't be affected).

Note for future reference:
/Users/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_osx/build/src/common/pipes.cpp (770) : Assertion Failed: fatal stalled cross-thread pipe
/Users/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_osx/build/src/common/pipes.cpp (770) : Fatal assert failed: /Users/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_osx/build/src/common/pipes.cpp, line 770. Application exiting.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED STEAM CRASH] Game Freeze & Crash during tutorital Empty Re: [RESOLVED STEAM CRASH] Game Freeze & Crash during tutorital

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm
Hi, in case you still have the Steam version of the game and you're reading this - we upgraded the Unity engine to latest version in the meantime, so it might be worth it trying with the latest patch, it's possible it was the combination of some particular version of Steam libraries and the engine causing this.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum