Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Freedomed
intern

[RESOLVED] Stuck in the elevator Empty [RESOLVED] Stuck in the elevator

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:08 am
A couple of patients are tragically stuck in the elevator on the second floor. The only one that can be selected has her current activity cycling through idling and going to chair. Tried everything, nothing works. I had attempted to make that elevator 'staff only' by putting staff only doors on each floor in various places but apparently these two somehow figured out a way in anyway and got stuck. I removed the staff only doors but it didn't help, hopefully it will prevent more tragedies in the future.

Bonus: There's a patient named Edna sitting in the trauma waiting room. She has a blinking hidden symptoms symbol so I favorited her to watch her. She was at the top of a doctor's list to be examined for a long time, but kept getting skipped. Every time she got skipped, she would bounce to a different doctor on her card, but remained on the card of the original doctor and never got seen. Finally I unfavorited her and suddenly she was being seen by her originally assigned doc. This isn't the first wonky thing I've had happen with favorited patients but I thought I'd mention it.
Freedomed
intern

[RESOLVED] Stuck in the elevator Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Stuck in the elevator

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:45 am
Update: I accidentally put a nurses station slightly over the elevator and it caused them to spaz out.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:57 pm
Hi, thanks for the report and figuring out the details! We'll be adding a quick fix to get patients unstuck when this particular situation happens.

Checking Edna, everything seems pretty much in order. The favorite status should have no effect on how the patients get queued up in waiting rooms - couple of things to bear in mind though:
- when patients go visit the toilets or get a snack, they go back to the end of the queue when they return to the waiting room (so they don't block other patients if it's their turn and they're away)
- patients with dangerous symptoms get assigned higher priority at the reception - EDIT: having double-checked, the reception seems to work fine I think you'll need to extend the reception by one tile in front of the receptionist's desk so patients can actually access it

Hope this helps, cheers!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum