Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
uavhunter
resident

[RESOLVED] Blood on the floor not being cleaned Empty [RESOLVED] Blood on the floor not being cleaned

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:43 pm
Started a new map with all first floor clinic / radiation and only 1 dept have cleaning closet (general surgery)

5 custodians during the day and 3 during the night, they clean around the whole hospital for floor dirt, but they never clean the blood graphics
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Blood on the floor not being cleaned Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Blood on the floor not being cleaned

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm
uavhunter wrote:Started a new map with all first floor clinic / radiation and only 1 dept have cleaning closet (general surgery)

5 custodians during the day and 3 during the night, they clean around the whole hospital for floor dirt, but they never clean the blood graphics
Hi, can you please upload your save file as well. It can tell us more. Also just a side note: If the floor is not part of any room or it belongs to department with no janitors, it will not be cleaned. Can you please double check if that is not the case? Thank you
uavhunter
resident

[RESOLVED] Blood on the floor not being cleaned Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Blood on the floor not being cleaned

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:18 pm
Save file attached
Attachments
[RESOLVED] Blood on the floor not being cleaned Attachment
new.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(800 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 am
uavhunter wrote:Save file attached
Thank you for the save file. And it is as I mentioned before. You have 8 janitors for General Surgery department. You need to have janitors on other departments too for the floors on other departments to be cleaned as well. Adding them to their departments will solve this. Have a great day
uavhunter
resident

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:55 pm
I don't think you actually run the save file and see what is happening.  From what I observe, the game's AI for custodians are not department specific and start from the closest dirtiest tile and perform cleaning (some time that calculate from the time they get the cleaning cart and some times they don't) and will travel to other floors / department when no other tiles require cleaning.  Also all department custodians will clean bloodied tiles since all department have the possibility of patient in shock or blood loss in surgery.

Because of that it makes no sense that in my current save the 5 custodians during the day will clean all dirty tiles in all department but not the blood tiles, I cannot diagnose if that's a graphical bug or AI bug.  The custodians will literally clean the tile next to the blood but not the bloodied one.  I've even change the department that the cleaning closet belongs to (from general surgery to ER) and the blood tiles will still not be mopped.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 am
uavhunter wrote:I don't think you actually run the save file and see what is happening.  From what I observe, the game's AI for custodians are not department specific and start from the closest dirtiest tile and perform cleaning (some time that calculate from the time they get the cleaning cart and some times they don't) and will travel to other floors / department when no other tiles require cleaning.  Also all department custodians will clean bloodied tiles since all department have the possibility of patient in shock or blood loss in surgery.

Because of that it makes no sense that in my current save the 5 custodians during the day will clean all dirty tiles in all department but not the blood tiles, I cannot diagnose if that's a graphical bug or AI bug.  The custodians will literally clean the tile next to the blood but not the bloodied one.  I've even change the department that the cleaning closet belongs to (from general surgery to ER) and the blood tiles will still not be mopped.

Hi, it looks like you're both right - there was a bug, but the solution Ondrej suggested and tested on your map (janitors on all departments) also works of course, at least as a workaround.
The problem with blood outside of janitor's department will be fixed in the next patch - and this is how janitors (will) prioritize their work:

- Blood on their department
- Dirt on their department
- Blood outside their department (the threshold for how bloody a tile needed to be to be cleaned was too high, causing the issue)
- Dirt outside their department

Cheers!

uavhunter
resident

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm
thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum