Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BillMurray
intern

[RESOLVED]Steam bug report - Patients "stuck" in hospitalization at emergency. Empty [RESOLVED]Steam bug report - Patients "stuck" in hospitalization at emergency.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:43 am
Original post from steam thread:

Hi there,

I've noticed in the past few days that a lot of patients that are checked in to the emergency hospitialization will basically be stuck there forever.

I click on many, and quite often, they have available examinations, but not in that department. I have every department with hospitalization and everything is green across the board, but they don't get moved. As a result, I've been losing patients (leaving) and I'm having to check constantly to see which patients need to be referred to other departments.

Sorry if this has been reported already, I didn't see any threads with a similar topic.

Prior to the most recent update, I don't think this problem existed. Thanks for taking the time to read this, quite enjoying the game, and the managerial aspect of it thus far though Smile

Uploading save file as per request.

A few patients who have been in the emergency hospitalization are:

Elizabeth Taylor
Elizabeth Garcia
Joseph Allen
Peter Allen

Each one of them has a blacked out option of available examinations.  However, if I manually change their department, they get the necessary treatment, pay me and off they go.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED]Steam bug report - Patients "stuck" in hospitalization at emergency. Empty Re: [RESOLVED]Steam bug report - Patients "stuck" in hospitalization at emergency.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:53 pm
BillMurray wrote:Original post from steam thread:

Hi there,

I've noticed in the past few days that a lot of patients that are checked in to the emergency hospitialization will basically be stuck there forever.

I click on many, and quite often, they have available examinations, but not in that department. I have every department with hospitalization and everything is green across the board, but they don't get moved. As a result, I've been losing patients (leaving) and I'm having to check constantly to see which patients need to be referred to other departments.

Sorry if this has been reported already, I didn't see any threads with a similar topic.

Prior to the most recent update, I don't think this problem existed. Thanks for taking the time to read this, quite enjoying the game, and the managerial aspect of it thus far though Smile

Uploading save file as per request.

A few patients who have been in the emergency hospitalization are:

Elizabeth Taylor
Elizabeth Garcia
Joseph Allen
Peter Allen

Each one of them has a blacked out option of available examinations.  However, if I manually change their department, they get the necessary treatment, pay me and off they go.

Hi, thank you for your report and we are happy that you are enjoying the game:) I took a look at your save file and i found those two last patients Joseph and Peter transferred to their departments and the first two are waiting to be transferred. But hey are waiting for a bed because  there are no free bed in your Internal medicine department. If you build new beds they will get transferred. There is a notification that alerts you, when this situation happens. Did you not get that one? Thank you for your additional information and have a great day
BillMurray
intern

[RESOLVED]Steam bug report - Patients "stuck" in hospitalization at emergency. Empty Re: [RESOLVED]Steam bug report - Patients "stuck" in hospitalization at emergency.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply. However, I have just noticed the same issue this morning. I let the game run overnight, and now my Emergency Beds are all filled with patients with multiple possible diagnoses. Several of the patients all have the Thorax Percussion or USG etc as an available treatment, LOTS of beds open (I checked each department and there are regular and high dependency beds open). They are still not being transferred or whatnot to the other departments. As soon as I manually click the department they move just about instantly (which I understand means there was an open bed) and then they get the treatment they need.

I got the notifications, but I know for a fact I have open beds in all departments, regular and high dependency.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:28 pm
BillMurray wrote:Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply.  However, I have just noticed the same issue this morning.  I let the game run overnight, and now my Emergency Beds are all filled with patients with multiple possible diagnoses.  Several of the patients all have the Thorax Percussion or USG etc as an available treatment, LOTS of beds open (I checked each department and there are regular and high dependency beds open).  They are still not being transferred or whatnot to the other departments.  As soon as I manually click the department they move just about instantly (which I understand means there was an open bed) and then they get the treatment they need.

I got the notifications, but I know for a fact I have open beds in all departments, regular and high dependency.
Hi and thank you for the additional information. Can you please upload an updated save with this issue. The one before manually changing their department would be extremely helpful. And a quick question the patients are controlled by doctor and not you?
BillMurray
intern

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:33 pm
Hi, I will let the game run again and then see if it persists since I've doubled the beds. In response to your question, yes, everything is basically on "autopilot". I play mainly for the building and design.

Is there a "perfect ratio" of on call doctors / nurses to beds?

Something like 4 beds for each on call doctor or something?
BillMurray
intern

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:50 pm
I have attached two things:

1) a screenshot showing that there are oodles of beds open. The highest in use amount is 5/25. The rest only have a couple of patients in each. Yet I still have three patients - Jordan Scott, Mary Thomas and Michael Baker in beds in Emergency not being transferred. I have at least 4 doctors and 6 nurses on in each department at any given time (except the ICU) and they are not being transferred.

2) The save game

Hopefully this helps figure out the problem. I even made sure to wait until the doctors did their rounds 3 days in a row before posting this again, because I was hoping that maybe the rounds and discharge of patients would kick these three to go to a new room.

Thanks again for your help.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:00 pm
BillMurray wrote:I have attached two things:

1) a screenshot showing that there are oodles of beds open.  The highest in use amount is 5/25.  The rest only have a couple of patients in each.  Yet I still have three patients - Jordan Scott, Mary Thomas and Michael Baker in beds in Emergency not being transferred.  I have at least 4 doctors and 6 nurses on in each department at any given time (except the ICU) and they are not being transferred.

2) The save game

Hopefully this helps figure out the problem.  I even made sure to wait until the doctors did their rounds 3 days in a row before posting this again, because I was hoping that maybe the rounds and discharge of patients would kick these three to go to a new room.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi and thank you for the additional save. I see what is happening and it is not actually a bug. Patients that are not being transferred have diagnose from multiple departments, so instead of transferring the patient to wrong department, game alerts you with notification for this (did it pop up?) with hint that you should move the patient based on their possible diagnoses.
But additional state was added today and will be in the next update. State that will transfer these patients with unclear diagnoses to another hospital. Thank you again for your report and have a great day.
BillMurray
intern

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 pm
To be honest, I've turned off the popups because I find them to be overly distracting. Prior to the recent update, I didn't have this situation as they were all sent elsewhere automatically... Thanks for letting me know what's going on.
BillMurray
intern

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:09 pm
One more thing, is having them default to another hospital really the best option here? Is there a way to have the system check each department during doctors rounds or something to see if any of the departments with hospitalization have an available examination? I literally have every department available and sending them to another hospital would basically have used a ton of my hospital's resources to get nothing.

Here's a suggestion perhaps?

Have all sonography, cardiology and neuro exam units as part of the radiology department and make these accessible by all wards.

I don't know how it works, but I would rather my hospital treat these patients since they've already taken my hospitals time and resources.

Thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum