Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Phoenyx634
intern

[RESOLVED] Game froze after deleting and replacing a common room Empty [RESOLVED] Game froze after deleting and replacing a common room

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm
Firstly, awesome game Smile I've been playing for a few weeks now and apart from the issue today, I only had one other issue with a room that couldn't be deleted (an examination table was flashing green/normal but no one was using it). It didn't affect my game at the time though, so I didn't bother reporting. But that's beside the point.

Today's bug:

I built an Emergency common room with management mode then added all items, walls etc, and then went on to build other rooms in other departments, sometime later in Day 2 I came back to my first common room in management mode and it had turned into a lab common room.

I thought, huh, that's weird (but might have been my mistake), so I deleted the blueprints in management mode (left all built items as is) and replaced them with the Emergency blueprint again. I was then notified one of my staff was unassigned - I assumed it was a janitor, so without thinking too much I clicked the 'reassign' button in the staff sheet, and then the day slot for a janitor. Then everything freaked out, haha.

The screen froze for a little while, and I realised the staff member was a lab technician, which was weird because it shouldn't matter if their common room is removed? Anyway, it unfroze but then seemed to get stuck on zooming in and out - see screenshot. It didn't seem playable, but I managed to save my game file after a few minutes - see attached the save ' frozen game'.
I also included the last autosave before that.

P.s. love the bookshelves Very Happy
Phoenyx634
intern

[RESOLVED] Game froze after deleting and replacing a common room Empty Game froze... again

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:01 pm
And I was really enjoying the layout on this one Sad

Day 1, I'd only just started playing for about 30 mins on a new sandbox map.
It just froze while I was laying out more walls and foundations, I got flooded with messages that all my staff were unassigned, and then the same zooming-in and out bug happened (see screenshot attached).

Should I reinstall my game? Seems like this might keep happening...

I could save my game file but it is unplayable, you can't move around. Starting and loading again only fixes it for a few seconds, as soon as you zoom in on anything again the interface goes a bit haywire.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Game froze after deleting and replacing a common room Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Game froze after deleting and replacing a common room

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:59 am
Hi, thanks a lot for the report, I can see the issue in the first save with an error message that should help us fix it quite quickly.

Btw - have you been using the new undo function frequently?
Phoenyx634
intern

[RESOLVED] Game froze after deleting and replacing a common room Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Game froze after deleting and replacing a common room

Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:37 am
Hi, no I haven't been using it that often - I have to remind myself that it was added Smile
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:08 pm
Hi, good news I hope - I managed to include the fix in today's patch which should go live in a few hours with the release of the Hospital Services DLC.

The bug got triggered when replacing a room from one department with some employees already assigned to it by the same type of room but from another department. The fix should then both prevent it from happening again and allow you to continue with your saved games.

Thanks again for catching this (both of you who reported this problem)!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum