Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AceJoker303
intern

[RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map. Empty [RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:13 am
When I attempt to open a new games on any map (sandbox, campaign, tutorial, DLC map) it kicks back to the main menu and says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I deleted all mods and tried again, still did not function. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still doesnt work. I have the new Departments DLC installed. It will not let me attach the screenshot of the error message.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map. Empty Re: [RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map.

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:03 pm
Hi, thanks for the message, could you try to upload the log file so we can check the details? (We actually ran out of space here on the forum, but it should be fixed now).

Also, could you please check:
- Does it still happen with today's patch (1.2.19532)?
- Does the issue go away if you install the free Doctor Mode DLC (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1149760/Project_Hospital__Doctor_Mode/) ?
AceJoker303
intern

[RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map. Empty RE: Unable to start any new map.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 am
I have the both the DLCs currently installed and neither appear to make a difference. The new patch did not make a difference.

Attached is the output log (I'm not sure which log you needed so I assumed this one, please correct me if I'm wrong), as well as the main menu error when it appears.

I will also try completely uninstalling again and then checking the install location to ensure all files are gone. Then reinstalling.
Attachments
[RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map. Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(30 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
[RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map. Attachment
Main Menu Error.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(3.2 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
AceJoker303
intern

[RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map. Empty Update: Resolved

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:31 am
I uninstalled the game and then checking all file locations and deleting any remaining files, then reinstalled the game and the problem was resolved. I am unsure of the cause however it may be related to the mods that I had previously removed that may of left a remnant file.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map. Empty Re: [RESOLVED MODS] Unable to start any new map.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:48 am
Hi, thanks for the update, glad you managed to fix the issue. Btw looking at the log, I can see some errors related to employee skills in some of the mods, so I think we have the culprit. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum