Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
aloha111
intern

[OPEN] Patients getting stuck Empty [OPEN] Patients getting stuck

Sat May 09, 2020 8:05 am
I have two patients that got stuck somehow. Unclear how to repro, but I've had this happen in my other games as well eventually after playing for a while. I'm using a vanilla game with no mods in sandbox mode:

1) Mark Smith: after being examined at the emergency clinic, he suddenly got stuck in the office after seeing the doctor. His status flips rapidly between "Going to waiting room" and "Idle". He's stuck in the office and doesn't move. Trying to change his department to another (e.g. internal medicine) has no effect. Neither does removing any of his pending treatments and examinations. In the logs, I see thousands of entries for "Character Patient Mark Smith  NO PATH from [25, 17] to [65, 51] floor 0 NO_ROUTE". The only way to get the patient unstuck is to send them to another hospital, in which case they leave. This has happened 3 times across various saves now.

2) Brooke Brown: I didn't exactly monitor how she got into her situation, but she seems to be stuck waiting to be examined in the clinic. However, instead of going to the clinic waiting room, she keeps going to sit in a chair in the lab waiting room instead. Trying to change her department makes her get up, but then she either just stands around and complains about not having a place to sit (even though there are chairs aplenty everywhere), or sits down again in the lab waiting room again and just waits in perpetuity. Some relevant lines from the log:

[Patient Brooke Brown , 1001000940]: Unexpected interaction between [59, 44] and [46, 36]

[ProcedureScript, 1096009753]: ProcedureScriptStatLabSample - abandoned script, Patient Brooke Brown
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)
[ProcedureScript, 1096009753]: Script ProcedureScriptStatLabSample
State IDLE time in state 10.00168
Patient Patient Brooke Brown
Employee Technologist Frank Gonzales

[Patient Brooke Brown , 1001000940]: Switching department from WaitingSitting
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at GameDBDepartment.CanHaveAnyRoom (System.String[] roomTags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at Lopital.ProcedureComponent.IsProcedureImpossible (.GameDBProcedure procedure, Boolean checkActualRooms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at Lopital.ProcedureComponent.CancelImpossibleProcedures (HospitalizationLevel hospitalizationLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at Lopital.BehaviorPatient.ChangeDepartment (Lopital.Department department, Boolean checkHospitalizationPlace, Boolean playerControlledDepartmentChange, HospitalizationLevel hospitalizationLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at CharacterPanelController.OnDepartmentSelected (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at SelectDepartmentFloatingController.OnSelectDepartment (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at SelectDepartmentFloatingController+<CreateDepartmentSelectionButton>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I've attached my save game and logs.
Attachments
[OPEN] Patients getting stuck Attachment
3_1_8.zip Save gameYou don't have permission to download attachments.(2.5 Mb) Downloaded 6 times
output_log.zip logYou don't have permission to download attachments.(32 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
projecthospital_marksmith_stuck.PNG Mark Smith stuck in officeYou don't have permission to download attachments.(182 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
aloha111
intern

[OPEN] Patients getting stuck Empty Re: [OPEN] Patients getting stuck

Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 am
Update: after manually canceling the scheduled MRI for Brooke Brown, she got unstuck. No recourse yet for Mark Smith though other than sending him home.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon May 11, 2020 12:03 pm
Hi, thanks for the report and the update! I can see what's happening with Mark Smith, for some reason he chose the "planned only" waiting room at radiology (the one on the grass in the middle of the department) and obviously can't get there - I'll try to quickly fix it for the next patch, in the meantime as a workaround you can delete the room.

Brooke Brown is waiting for a lab test, not sure yet if this is a bug or not.
aloha111
intern

Wed May 13, 2020 8:22 am
Ah, I see. Thanks for looking into this and the response!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed May 13, 2020 10:32 am
Hi, and a quick update with some good news - it seems clear why the inaccessible waiting room could be selected in this specific situation and we have a fix ready for the next patch.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum