Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MoominLittlesocks
resident

De-hospitalization Empty De-hospitalization

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:39 pm
Hey devs! I was wondering if it was at all possible to allow the player to remove a patient from hospitalization, sending them back to the clinic. I have any on-going issue within my Sexual Health Department mod in which once a SH patient has been falsely hospitalized (whilst in ER), they can't then be transferred because SH doesn't have (or need) hospitalization. This means that the player has no option than to transfer the patient to another hospital which isn't ideal.

The alternative is for me to add hospitalization to my mod which I really don't want to do. Plus, if I do I can't reduce the minimum staff requirements to any less than X2 doctors, X2 nurses, 1 surgeon and 1 anaesthesiologist, most of whom would be superfluous.

user947 likes this post

user947
fellow

De-hospitalization Empty Re: De-hospitalization

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:16 am
That's causing me to have to transfer these patients to another hospital, so removing a patient from hospitalization would solve this issue.
crashed
resident

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:57 am
I send these patients to ICU to get their abx and then they are discharged from there... but massively overkill
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 am
MoominLittlesocks wrote:Hey devs! I was wondering if it was at all possible to allow the player to remove a patient from hospitalization, sending them back to the clinic. I have any on-going issue within my Sexual Health Department mod in which once a SH patient has been falsely hospitalized (whilst in ER), they can't then be transferred because SH doesn't have (or need) hospitalization. This means that the player has no option than to transfer the patient to another hospital which isn't ideal.

The alternative is for me to add hospitalization to my mod which I really don't want to do. Plus, if I do I can't reduce the minimum staff requirements to any less than X2 doctors, X2 nurses, 1 surgeon and 1 anaesthesiologist, most of whom would be superfluous.

Hi, looking at this, there might be some small changes in code that we could try to apply to work around this issue, but allowing players to just release the patients could easily break some of the systems (especially the 'required hospitalization time').

First, could you check if modifying the hospitalization setup for your department to match intermal medicine helps, that should allow the required staff to be just 1+1 doctors and 1+1 nurses. If not, we can talk about adding some more parameters and maybe allowing patients with all possible diagnoses from a department without hospitalization to be automatically switched to clinic patients when transferred from observation.
MoominLittlesocks
resident

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 pm
Hey Jan. Thank you so much! The <HospitalizationWithoutSurgeons>true</HospitalizationWithoutSurgeons> line worked a treat and that has solved the issue. You're the best.

jan.oxymoron likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum