Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
todet
intern

[RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music Empty [RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:09 pm
While playing the game, the music sometimes suddenly stopps. The sound effects are not affected. The only way to fix this temporarily is to restart the game, but the error occurs again after a while
Edit: noticed, that the music sometimes restarts after a few minutes, but after a few minutes there `s the same problem again.
Edit2: After observing for a few minutes more: I assume, the music is supposed to play in an infinite loop? Seems to me there is a poblem at the end, so the loop won`t start again

I attached the output_log and my map-file.
Attachments
[RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music Attachment
output_log.txt output_logYou don't have permission to download attachments.(32 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Optimiertes Bauen.zip my mapYou don't have permission to download attachments.(2.8 Mb) Downloaded 3 times

Last edited by ondrej.oxymoron on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:54 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Another notification while playing a few more minutes)
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music

Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm
todet wrote:While playing the game, the music sometimes suddenly stopps. The sound effects are not affected. The only way to fix this temporarily is to restart the game, but the error occurs again after a while
Edit: noticed, that the music sometimes restarts after a few minutes, but after a few minutes there `s the same problem again.
Edit2: After observing for a few minutes more: I assume, the music is supposed to play in an infinite loop? Seems to me there is a poblem at the end, so the loop won`t start again

I attached the output_log and my map-file.

Hi and thank you for the report and the save. And yes the music should loop and switch between day and night. But it does not seem to work in your save, which is very strange and we are looking into it. We will let you know when we know more. Sorry for the inconvenience
todet
intern

[RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:31 pm
Just wanted to let you know that I started creating a new hospital with the same problem. After my first patient got into the ITS, the music suddenly stopped.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:38 am
todet wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I started creating a new hospital with the same problem. After my first patient got into the ITS, the music suddenly stopped.

Hi thank you for the updated information. We have one possible culprit and that is when event start the music changes. And when event ends while its night, the night loop will not start. And we are currently working on fixing this.

todet
intern

Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:48 am
Thank you for the new patch 33.  Did the patch also solve this problem? I could`t find anything in the patch notes.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:44 am
todet wrote:Thank you for the new patch 33.  Did the patch also solve this problem? I could`t find anything in the patch notes.

Hi and yes. When you update the game you should not encounter this again:)
todet
intern

[RESOLVED] Problem with sound/music Empty Problem with sound/music

Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:14 pm
I just had the same issue again. A patient collapsed during the night shift, and the music stopped . I added my map file and the output-log again.

i just realized it happened while I was playing an event. The music started playing again when I successfully finished the event.
Attachments
neuer Versuch.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3.1 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(583 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by todet on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another notification while playing a few more minutes)
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 am
todet wrote:I just had the same issue again. A patient collapsed during the night shift, and the music stopped . I added my map file and the output-log again.

i just realized it happened while I was playing an event. The music started playing again when I successfully finished the event.

Hi and thank you for the updated information. We will look into it. I will reopen this one for now.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi, thanks for the update and the new save - actually completely my bad, I somehow missed this fix when cherry-picking changes for patch 33. But - I can confirm the fix will work in your latest save as well and should be included in the next patch, this time for sure as all current changes will be going there, not only the ones that did't require localized texts (and needed to be picked by hand like in patch 33).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum