Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NurseEsther
resident

Question we badly need emotion in the game! :)  Empty Question we badly need emotion in the game! :)

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:28 pm
Hello Jan and everyone and hope to get everyone thinking! I am new here flower  

I just realize that the game will be very dry players won't get stress there is no panic like you would feel in a real hospital. The simulation of getting sick and dying will be but there is no emotion attached to the staff or patients. I did watched the trailer and everyone look like zombies or robots just doing duties. Sad

I am wondering if it can be added to the game! Why? I want to connect with the patients and staff and really get into the mode when a patient is going critical!

Have a watched of this video of Planet coasters! Keeping guest happy and they don't spawn and have needs! I think it still can! It be good if staff have reputation and personality so you know who are hardworking and who are not so you can fire them.  Also we can get patient who are not easy to deal with so if you show patient and kindness to a stress patient then they would be willing to listen to you more. Smile

I wish Project Hospital could look like Planet coaster one day!  flower  flower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtWsgXoqgc4
Dysp

Question we badly need emotion in the game! :)  Empty Re: Question we badly need emotion in the game! :)

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:56 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I don't know if the team is planning on creating a system for personalizing staff and patients like you request, but remember that when the foundation and gameplay core is there, there will plenty of room for DLCs that could implement something like this (and everything else on the wishlist).

Planet Coaster looks like it is made by a bigger team than Project Hospital is, which is also something to keep ind mind when comparing games.

jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Question we badly need emotion in the game! :)  Empty Re: Question we badly need emotion in the game! :)

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 am
Hi, thanks for the suggestions! Actually we have some good news, patient and staff needs are indeed in the game and we give them also various perks to have a bit of personality. Imagine shy patients, angry patients, nice doctors or clumsy doctors.

Dysp wrote:Planet Coaster looks like it is made by a bigger team than Project Hospital is, which is also something to keep ind mind when comparing games.
Hehe, true, looking at the credits for Planet Coaster I counted to 98 people on the team, we're four. Still, all comparisons are valid, having this in mind Smile
NurseEsther
resident

Question we badly need emotion in the game! :)  Empty Do not underestimate an Indie team!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 am
Do you know cities skyline or Oxygen not included? They may have a big team now if you look at it but they were very small and did something very risky before they made amazing head lines! Smile Did anyone know that? So i hope that can happen to for this game! Smile I have got lots of experience of developers making indie game and being very successful. Smile

I wanted to show Planet coaster to show what can be done so everyone knows what it would be like cause does anyone here have played or heard games where sim have a life of their own? Smile

Thank you Jan! Just how much alive will they feel are they just random? But i would not mind if this comes out as DLC to update the game! Hoping for more emotions for all my staff and patient. Not just random emotions.

There was a hotel sim game that came out many years ago and it did not do well at all cause one of the complain was that their sim were just robotic automatons and had not life. Sad

Colossal order wrote:Colossal Order knew what they wanted. A deep simulation with individually modelled entities: citizens with their own names, ages and workplaces.

Colossal order wrote:The last point was particularly tricky. There’s always a trade-off in development between performance and memory - presumably the same Maxis wrestled with and eventually compromised on. Colossal Order had to get “really creative” to make their maps happen - in one instance coding on top of Unity to get dynamic water working.

It’s important to note that even now, the studio aren’t exactly overstaffed with coders. The Skylines team numbered nine, including management in the form of Mariina. It had just one designer, a handful of artists, and a pair of programmers.

“We basically doubled the programming resource by having two,” said Hallikainen.

Colossal Order’s designers don’t necessarily have coding experience, either. That’s something they like - it means they’re “not limited by the technical aspects of making games”, and can think outside those constraints. It’s then the job of those two programmers to work out how to make the designs work.

There’s another reason Skylines turned out as well as it did. Colossal Order do their best to nail their designs in prototype, to make sure they’re fun and working - and work extra space into the schedule to ensure there’s time for a few reworks.

NurseEsther
resident

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:59 am
Dysp wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!

I don't know if the team is planning on creating a system for personalizing staff and patients like you request, but remember that when the foundation and gameplay core is there, there will plenty of room for DLCs that could implement something like this (and everything else on the wishlist).

Planet Coaster looks like it is made by a bigger team than Project Hospital is, which is also something to keep ind mind when comparing games.

Thank you that is a good idea when more money flows in *Cough* Cough* Kickstarter? Could get 90-100,000 if that could help some how? Smile Other indie kickstarter game collect in that much and have around 11 staff working it and it grows too.  Very Happy  Very Happy  bounce  bounce
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum