Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Inge Jones
fellow

[OPEN LOW] Wrong notification after hiring janitor Empty [OPEN LOW] Wrong notification after hiring janitor

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:51 am
In a new hospital, after hiring a janitor and assigning them to a workspace (ie cleaning cupboard) they go straight home saying "No workspace assigned".  In fact other players inform me that the real reason they are going home is because nothing is dirty yet.   So the notice is very misleading and I thought I had done something wrong.   Apart from fixing the words on the notice, I'd ask you to consider changing behaviour and instead force janitors to remain for their shift in case something becomes dirty later.

Last edited by Inge Jones on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] Wrong notification after hiring janitor Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Wrong notification after hiring janitor

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:07 pm
Hello! thanks for the suggestion - we will consider it Wink
Inge Jones
fellow

[OPEN LOW] Wrong notification after hiring janitor Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Wrong notification after hiring janitor

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:11 pm
This was meant to be in Bugs section, please can a moderator move it? I mean the bug was about the wrong error message
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:18 pm
If you experience a bug, please upload here your saved game files and also output_log, it will be more helpfull to us Wink
Inge Jones
fellow

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:41 pm
Ok I will do that, in the meantime can you tell me authoritatively that janitors are intended to go straight home when there is nothing to clean? Because at the moment I am not sure *which* aspect of this is the bug - the notice, or the janitor behaviour.
Inge Jones
fellow

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:18 pm
Here is my save file.  That's two janitors apparently properly assigned, one to each department's cleaning closet, and both just walked off home with declaring themselves without a workspace
Attachments
[OPEN LOW] Wrong notification after hiring janitor Attachment
111.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(393 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:14 am
Inge Jones wrote:Ok I will do that, in the meantime can you tell me authoritatively that janitors are intended to go straight home when there is nothing to clean?  Because at the moment I am not sure *which* aspect of this is the bug - the notice, or the janitor behaviour.

Yes, if there is nothing to clean they will gome home and return, when dirt will appear - but if dirt appears on the area that is not assigned as some room (corridor, waiting, room, etc.) it will be cleaned at the end.
Inge Jones
fellow

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:37 am
I see. Seems a strange behaviour since the doctors will happily stay in their rooms even when there are no patients waiting to see them. So maybe there is no bug to report at all, it is working as designed. All that is needed is to make it more clear to the player why their janitor is going home, so that they don't think they did something wrong.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum