Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

[OPEN] Wayfinding for multi-floor hospitals is broken Empty [OPEN] Wayfinding for multi-floor hospitals is broken

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:40 pm
When NPCs are looking for "closest object" they do not correctly calculate distance to objects that are on a different floor. They are pathfinding as if they were in the same x,y coordinates on every existing floor simultaneously. This causes them to ignore objects that are closer in order to go to a different floor and use an object that was above or below them.

Steps to reproduce:
Start Level 3 Campaign (with open Trauma Centers).
Wait for Ambulance  to bring in trauma patient. The patient should be brought to the trauma table at the bottom right.
Tell doctor to use a procedure that requires a computer terminal. She will then walk upstairs to Observation and use the computer terminal that is directly above her instead of the one at the other end of the trauma table.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Wayfinding for multi-floor hospitals is broken Empty Re: [OPEN] Wayfinding for multi-floor hospitals is broken

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm
Hi, the way distances are evaluated should be just as you described - moving floors is always considered more expensive than moving even quite far on the same floor, so I assume the issue might be reservation of the objects or maybe searching for the object closest to the doctor's workspace instead of closest to the patient or something. Let me check if I can see it in the campaign level as well.
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

[OPEN] Wayfinding for multi-floor hospitals is broken Empty Re: [OPEN] Wayfinding for multi-floor hospitals is broken

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 pm
Well it can't be reservation because there are multiple computer terminals in the TC, and the Terminal I watched the doctor go to was literally ontop of her in Observation.
After I moved the terminal she started using the one one closer to her on the same floor.

I also had this behaviour in campaign level 2, when I put a stretcher ontop of the observations room on the second floor, and the actual stretchers for observation where outside across the hallway. The nurses would always get the stretcher ontop of the room instead of the actually closer ones.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum