Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RaptorUK
intern

[RESOLVED] Game wont launch, but says its running Empty [RESOLVED] Game wont launch, but says its running

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 pm
Hi there, for some reason for the past 2 weeks my game wont seem to launch, it says its running but wont actually open, ive tried uninstalling over 5 times and verified game cache but nothing seems to work.

any ideas?

Ive tried looking for logs but nothing is being created.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Game wont launch, but says its running Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Game wont launch, but says its running

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm
Hi, thanks for reporting this on the forum as well!
I don't think there have been any recent changes that could be causing this - when you try to launch the exe directly, does it make a difference?
It's possible this is related to the Steam version, would you mind checking with the GOG build (I'll PM you a key)? Saved games should be compatible.
RaptorUK
intern

[RESOLVED] Game wont launch, but says its running Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Game wont launch, but says its running

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:03 pm
Hi,

Yeah when i run the ee its still the same problem. it runs in background but dosnt launch if that makes sense. i have to close it through task manager.

Sure ill check the GOG build asap

thanks
RaptorUK
intern

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:22 pm
hi there,

this is really strange. same problem is happening. ive attached a video of the problem.

So there is definitely a problem my end but cant seem to see what the problem is. dont think its my anti virus.

its a bit of a head scratcher, ill try looking more into it and let you know if i manage to fix it.
RaptorUK
intern

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 pm
hi there,

i managed to fix it

1.press windows key+R to open Run program.
2.type 'msconfig' then enter
3.select 'selective startup'
4.go to services tab and check the box labeled 'hide all Microsoft services'
5.scroll to the 'NVIDIA corperation' and uncheck the 'NVIDIA localsytem selector' box
6.click 'apply' and 'okay' then when prompted, click the restart button and that may solve your problem.

once my pc restarted, my problem still presisted however once i reslected 'hide all Microsoft services' and reticked 'NVIDIA localsytem selector' and applied then restarted. the steam version on GOG version now both work. i have no idea why is wasnt working in the first place but its fied now. it is like it needed to be refreshed.

EDIT: Nevermind its only a temp fix untill i restart PC.
RaptorUK
intern

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:54 pm
hi there,

for some reason, whenever i do the following.

1.press windows key+R to open Run program.
2.type 'msconfig' then enter
3.select 'selective startup'
4.go to services tab and unselect the 'power' service then restart PC, the game seems to launch perfectly.

however it dosnt start audio so once im on desktop i had to do
1. press windows key + R and open 'services.msc'
2. then activate 'power' then 'windows audio' services. for some reason whenever i do this it fixes my issue. i have absolutely no idea how and why this is conflicting but at least i can play now Smile
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Hi, happy to hear that you managed to figure this out! I also tried googling (based on the solution) a bit more to find out if there's anything specific we or Unity could do to prevent it in the future, but it seems that when this happens, it affects different programs/games on the machine regardless of game engine.

Maybe useful for somebody in the future, here are a few links to discussions about similar problem with other games.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/games-wont-launch-and-run-in-background/8acbdced-d266-4572-a3ad-a15fcc6e7de7
https://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/0/1470840994956023588/
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum