Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bearfight
medic

[RESOLVED]Nurse stuck - Interacting with bedside table on a loop Empty [RESOLVED]Nurse stuck - Interacting with bedside table on a loop

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:59 pm
I started getting alerts that patients were not being transported to Ortho ward, so I checked my nurses.  I found nurse Mary Garcia interacting with a bedside table in the ward, over and over.  Each time, a quiet high pitched beep is heard, followed by two louder beeps.  

I attempted to "unstick" the nurse.  Each action resulted in appropriate UI behavior and display, but Mary Garcia herself does not respond.  

The following actions had no effect on Mary Garcia:

1. Unassign Roles
  2. Reassign Dept
  3. Switch Shift
  4. Fire Employee
  5. Delete Bedside Table
  6. Delete Ward Room
  7. Close Ortho Dept
  8. Save Game/Quit Game/Load Save

While writing this post, I saved the game to generate a savegame for upload.  When I looked back on the screen after the save, Mary Garcia was turned around.  I switched to game mode and sure enough, she was unstuck.  I will upload a savegame from before this occurred, one while she is stuck, and another, most recent, savegame where she is unstuck.

Let me know how else I can help.  Thanks for your continued work post-release.  Squashin' them bugs! cheers
Attachments
[RESOLVED]Nurse stuck - Interacting with bedside table on a loop Attachment
output_log.zip output log as of 1646EST on 12/24You don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED]Nurse stuck - Interacting with bedside table on a loop Empty Re: [RESOLVED]Nurse stuck - Interacting with bedside table on a loop

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:10 pm
Bearfight wrote:I started getting alerts that patients were not being transported to Ortho ward, so I checked my nurses.  I found nurse Mary Garcia interacting with a bedside table in the ward, over and over.  Each time, a quiet high pitched beep is heard, followed by two louder beeps.  

I attempted to "unstick" the nurse.  Each action resulted in appropriate UI behavior and display, but Mary Garcia herself does not respond.  

The following actions had no effect on Mary Garcia:

1. Unassign Roles
  2. Reassign Dept
  3. Switch Shift
  4. Fire Employee
  5. Delete Bedside Table
  6. Delete Ward Room
  7. Close Ortho Dept
  8. Save Game/Quit Game/Load Save

While writing this post, I saved the game to generate a savegame for upload.  When I looked back on the screen after the save, Mary Garcia was turned around.  I switched to game mode and sure enough, she was unstuck.  I will upload a savegame from before this occurred, one while she is stuck, and another, most recent, savegame where she is unstuck.

Let me know how else I can help.  Thanks for your continued work post-release.  Squashin' them bugs! cheers

Hi and thank you so much for your support and also the report. Good news that this bug is squished and will be in the next patch:) What is happening is that the nurse got reserved for surgery. So is not actually stuck just waiting for all the other staff needed for the surgery (in this case transport nurse) and you cant see it because firing her replaced the reserved text. That is why after some time she will resume her action and will eventually go to surgery. And the bug was that she got reserved right after the animation of serving the food finished resulting in a loop animation state (which is now fixed). Thank yo again and have a great day
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum