Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DeliriousNG
medic

[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game launching problem Empty [NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game launching problem

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:10 pm
Hello
I just bought the game recently, installed and run it, but the game didn't show anything on the screen, only music.

I tried different game graphics (resolution, windowed) and also changed the game graphics processor in Nvidia control panel (gtx 1050) but it still ran with intel integrated graphics.
I've reinstalled the game and updated my Nvidia driver.
Really appreciated if you could help.

Thanks.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game launching problem Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game launching problem Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game launching problem

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:29 pm
Hi, thanks for the report and sorry about the issue!

While we haven't seen anything similar on our side recently, it looks very similar to an issue reported on the Rimworld forums - if you're trying to run the game on a laptop with Optimus, could you try the following workaround?

TLDR Solution:

Right-click the desktop
Select "Graphics Propreties". This should bring up the Intel Graphics Control Panel.
Select Display>General Settings>Scaling
Switch tickbox from "maintain scaling" to "maintain aspect ratio". Click Apply
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum