Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
doctor_nebi
medic

[RESOLVED] Patients appear as "idle" Empty [RESOLVED] Patients appear as "idle"

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 pm
Description:
5 patients in the general surgery dpt. (and only in that dpt.) are "idle". But they don't seem to exist physically - a focus on them is not possible. They lost stars because they are waiting. For at least one of them (but I do not think for all 5) I got a message about the patient is leaving. But the patients are still there - idle. The patients are now there since at least 2-3 game-days (or longer?) and are still idle - but no warning of them leaving anymore. I don't know if they are counting to the performance of the dpt.

Repro steps:
I don't know how to repro it.
Hypotheses for repro:
1) I think that it started when I recently loaded an autosave instead of a normal save. I usually only load the normal saves but then had a crash with the computer (I think because of overheating) and had to load an autosave. So this could be a way that it emerged.
2) I built an elevator in the ground floor without connections to the first or second floor. So its an elevator to nowhere, because it was meant to be like a place-holder and to be there until there is enough money to built the remaining connecting floors. The general surgery dpt is on the first floor. So maybe the patients got stuck in an elevator leading to nowhere? But then why the internal dpt was not affected (on the second floor approx similar to the first one from the design). I now built much later the connection to the elevator - just to see if the "idle patients" go away- but the patients are still idle (maybe too late? The save game shows the situation without connection to the elevator).
3) The construction of the floors is a bit special. The floors were not perfectly built on each other. The idea was to construct the floors later nicely when cash comes in. So maybe this also generated a situation where they were trapped somewhere? But then, why is a focus not possible on them? (also here I tried to take a lot of cash and to built all the floors nicely, but it did not "save" any "trapped patients".
4) They got all 5 together drunk by clinical ethanol and fell somewhere to the basement of the hospital (actually, maybe through that elevator shaft).

Attached:
-Savegame, Screenshot and also log
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Patients appear as "idle" Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patients appear as "idle"

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:02 pm
Hi, thanks a lot for the report! It looks like you discovered an internal error that could be causing a few weird behaviors - we're already testing a fix and will be probably patching the game tomorrow.

For now feel free to try the attached save, the 5 patients should be unstuck. Smile

Edit: Lol, hypothesis #4 is quite something!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Patients appear as "idle" Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patients appear as "idle"

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm
...and the fix should be live now in 1.1.17661. Smile
doctor_nebi
medic

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:21 pm
Oh, thanks, wow you were quick!! Glad that I could help to find an internal error! Cheers to the unstuck patients!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum