Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_realham
medic

[RESOLVED] Extremely discounted objects (bug) / Unlimited money in campaign/challenge mode Empty [RESOLVED] Extremely discounted objects (bug) / Unlimited money in campaign/challenge mode

Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:26 am
Hey PH community and devs,

I found a bug initially involving moving objects that somehow makes you lose money and those objects, but it can be manipulated into producing an infinite amount of money. However, there are several other bugs in here.

It's hard to explain and understand through text, so I uploaded and narrated a clear and concise step-by-step video of how it's done.

Description:
There are three separate outcomes but they are all related: There is a bug where objects can be 1) either extremely discounted, 2) extremely over-priced, or 3) disappear completely from your hospital without refund. All of these outcomes result after highlighting and attempting to move those same objects.

Repro steps
Go to prefab > click the 'Move a room or selected area' > highlight any object or room you want > do not left click yet, do not place the object > go back to prefab and select any prefab you want > place the object (now you can left click). You will notice that the preview of the prefab is never shown, and it preserves your previous objects. How much money did you lose? Did you notice that the prefab was never placed? This only a part of the bug. The infinite money hack involves taking advantage of this and bulldozing these objects for a refund.

Attached

03:54 is when I explain how it's done, especially how it's possible to profit off this. Watch the rest if you're curious how I first discovered it because it helps a lot to watch the whole thing to really understand it. Thanks!

***This can be produced in any environment (campaign, challenge, sandbox) on any object you want, at any time. It is not situation-specific. No file needed***
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Extremely discounted objects (bug) / Unlimited money in campaign/challenge mode Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Extremely discounted objects (bug) / Unlimited money in campaign/challenge mode

Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:38 am
the_realham wrote:Hey PH community and devs,

I found a bug initially involving moving objects that somehow makes you lose money and those objects, but it can be manipulated into producing an infinite amount of money. However, there are several other bugs in here.

It's hard to explain and understand through text, so I uploaded and narrated a clear and concise step-by-step video of how it's done.

Description:
There are three separate outcomes but they are all related: There is a bug where objects can be 1) either extremely discounted, 2) extremely over-priced, or 3) disappear completely from your hospital without refund. All of these outcomes result after highlighting and attempting to move those same objects.

Repro steps
Go to prefab > click the 'Move a room or selected area' > highlight any object or room you want > do not left click yet, do not place the object > go back to prefab and select any prefab you want > place the object (now you can left click). You will notice that the preview of the prefab is never shown, and it preserves your previous objects. How much money did you lose? Did you notice that the prefab was never placed? This only a part of the bug. The infinite money hack involves taking advantage of this and bulldozing these objects for a refund.

Attached

03:54 is when I explain how it's done, especially how it's possible to profit off this. Watch the rest if you're curious how I first discovered it because it helps a lot to watch the whole thing to really understand it. Thanks!

***This can be produced in any environment (campaign, challenge, sandbox) on any object you want, at any time. It is not situation-specific. No file needed***

Hi and thank you so much for your report. Really nice catch and exploit:) We will try to fix it, you can use it in the meantime;) Have a great day
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Extremely discounted objects (bug) / Unlimited money in campaign/challenge mode Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Extremely discounted objects (bug) / Unlimited money in campaign/challenge mode

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:12 pm
...and a fix should be included in the next patch. Smile
the_realham
medic

Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:55 am
Awesome, thank you, I'm very glad to help. I'll keep my Banker $700k game achievement as a reward Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum