Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Barnabyuk
resident

[MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion) Empty [MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion)

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Further to my report in "Discussions" on the Steam site I have included the Zip file as requested.

Patients are reporting (via pop-ups), that there is no waiting area when clearly there is.
This has been happening over the last six days.
Attachments
[MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion) Attachment
Screenshot (23).png You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.4 Mb) Downloaded 5 times
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

[MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion) Empty Re: [MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion)

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:20 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hi @Barnabyuk, since you have mods active, i'll chime in (the devs are really helpful but mods do make it hard for them to find the issue). The issues I found is you do not have a waiting room on the 2nd floor near your neurodiagnostics unit. Patients won't wait at the doctor office waiting room to go to the neurodiagnostics unit as they are on different floors (I get that might be annoying but in real life, how else would you know it is your turn)(floors mucks with the path finding too so it is recommended you have a waiting room on every floor a department is available, if a department is spread across multiple floors).

You'll note your screenshot does say there is no waiting room near the neurodiagnostics unit and not the neurology doctor office.
With this, I am no longer receiving the pop ups about no waiting room.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have further issues.

Images Below:
Spoiler:

jan.oxymoron and Barnabyuk like this post

Barnabyuk
resident

[MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion) Empty Re: [MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion)

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:58 pm
Thanks 1,000,000 Sleepy. Great insight and advice. I'll give it a coat of looking at now I know where to start. Maybe another way would to make the neuro-diagnostics unit just for hospitalised patients.
jzlk
medic

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:31 pm
I have the exact same problem! it's bugging me the hell out. Unlike OP, I am aware of the pathfinding issue, so I have a working radiology department and waitiing room on the same floor. But the same thing keeps happening.

[MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion) Annota12
[MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion) Annota10
[MODDING RESOLVED] Waiting room bug. (follow on from Steam discussion) Annota11
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:00 pm
jzlk wrote:I have the exact same problem! it's bugging me the hell out. Unlike OP, I am aware of the pathfinding issue, so I have a working radiology department and waitiing room on the same floor. But the same thing keeps happening.

Hi, could you check if the problem isn't linked to a cardiography unit at general surgery (the department tha patient is assigned to)? If there's one, patients will try to use it before the one at radiology.
jzlk
medic

Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:58 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:
jzlk wrote:I have the exact same problem! it's bugging me the hell out. Unlike OP, I am aware of the pathfinding issue, so I have a working radiology department and waitiing room on the same floor. But the same thing keeps happening.

Hi, could you check if the problem isn't linked to a cardiography unit at general surgery (the department tha patient is assigned to)? If there's one, patients will try to use it before the one at radiology.

Oh, I didn't realise that. I've always assumed that cardiography unit at general surgery is for hospitalized patients. That's a bit tricky, as I have to reorganize my hospital layout to reduce the walking distance.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum