Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mishelle89
resident

Add tweak item ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT" Empty Add tweak item ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT"

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:22 pm
Could you guys add something like this at Tweakables.xml?

<GameDBTweakableInt ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT"> <Value>100</Value></GameDBTweakableInt>

I want to have possibility to decrease this value and get patients with diagnosises that are not applicable for my open departments.
Because it's a strange when insurance company knows diagnosis type in advance. When I sure I can't get patients with non-applicable diagnosis, it's simplifies diagnosis choosing. I mean if patient has 2 possible diagnosises (~50%/50%):
Diagnosis 1 = Department A
Diagnosis 2 = Department B
But I have no department B! So I sure right diagnosis is #1
mishelle89
resident

Add tweak item ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT" Empty Re: Add tweak item ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT"

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 pm
I mean I want to get patients with actual cardio diagnosis even if I have no cardio department.
It should be on/off option or possibility percent
mishelle89
resident

Add tweak item ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT" Empty Re: Add tweak item ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT"

Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:26 am
I will help you a little bit, guys =)
1) add entry <GameDBTweakableInt ID="APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT"> <Value>100</Value></GameDBTweakableInt>
to Tweakables.xml
2) Hospital.cs method GetRandomDepartmentWithDiagnoses(PatientMobility patientMobility):
insert before foreach
var applicablePatientsPercent = Database.Instance.GetEntry<GameDBTweakableInt>("APPLICABLE_PATIENTS_DIAGNOSISES_PERCENT").Value;
insert first line at foreach body
var getNonApplicablePatients = UnityEngine.Random.Range(0, 100) > applicablePatientsPercent;
replace condition part of first if
!department.IsClosed() by (!department.IsClosed() || getNonApplicablePatients)
3) build & deploy
kubas
resident

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am
Yes! I completely agree with this. I am very dissapointed that now it works like it works.
@mishelle89
Everyone can do what you described and it will work in that way we want or this tips are for developers and we cant change this on our own?
mishelle89
resident

Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 pm
kubas wrote:Yes! I completely agree with this. I am very dissapointed that now it works like it works.
@mishelle89
Everyone can do what you described and it will work in that way we want or this tips are for developers and we cant change this on our own?

It will work in that way if developers will make this changes in code. Everyone can't do it because of code should be compiled after changes
jirka.oxymoron
jirka.oxymoron
developer

Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:19 pm
Hi mishelle89 and welcome to the forum... Actually, it is quite an interesting suggestion ;-). We have scheduled it to be discussed at next meeting.

kubas and mishelle89 like this post

kubas
resident

Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:19 pm
mishelle89 wrote:
kubas wrote:Yes! I completely agree with this. I am very dissapointed that now it works like it works.
@mishelle89

It will work in that way if developers will make this changes in code. Everyone can't do it because of code should be compiled after changes

Ohh that's so bad

jirka.oxymoron wrote:
Actually, it is quite an interesting suggestion ;-). We have scheduled it to be discussed at next meeting.

I really hope you wil add this into game! Wink I was thinking about such feature loong time ago. Right now playing in doctor mode, especially in emergency department and when you have opened 2-3 departments is little easy, repetitive and boring because very often there are cases when patients have two possible diagnoses with revealed 2-3 symptoms and 5+ symptoms hidden but only one diagnose is from already opened department so you just choose this diagnose without finding other symptoms.
It,s very unrealistic and like I said boring.

mishelle89 likes this post

jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:53 pm
Hi, this really is a pretty interesting approach to this, although it definitely needs to be an opt-in feature - especially new players shouldn't be really dealing with patients they can't treat, cause them to lose reputation and struggle to finish insurance company goals. Of course it's a different case for experienced players looking for more challenge and more realism.

@mishelle89, thanks for the code suggestion! If we decide to implement this, we'll probably need to go with a slightly more deterministic version, as this way you'll be getting the more non applicable patients the less different departments you have and the value of the tweakable doesn't exactly match the results - but as Jirka mentioned, this needs to be discussed with the designers first anyway). Smile
mishelle89
resident

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:09 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, this really is a pretty interesting approach to this, although it definitely needs to be an opt-in feature - especially new players shouldn't be really dealing with patients they can't treat, cause them to lose reputation and struggle to finish insurance company goals. Of course it's a different case for experienced players looking for more challenge and more realism.

@mishelle89, thanks for the code suggestion! If we decide to implement this, we'll probably need to go with a slightly more deterministic version, as this way you'll be getting the more non applicable patients the less different departments you have and the value of the tweakable doesn't exactly match the results - but as Jirka mentioned, this needs to be discussed with the designers first anyway). Smile

Yes, I see. I sure you guys will make more ballanced implementation Smile
mishelle89
resident

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:44 pm
Did you guys take it for development?
And when the update will come? =)
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:53 am
Hi, I'm afraid I'll need to manage the expectations a bit, with the team currently mostly focusing on support for the release of Traumatology while working from home, it's hard to tell when we'll go through the new feature requests. On the other hand, this one is simple enough to be a pretty good candidate. Smile
mishelle89
resident

Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:26 pm
Actually I figured out another one  point:
Maybe there is should be a rigistry nurse error possibility.
As I said it's a strange when insurance company knows diagnosyses in advance. As well as it's strange if registry nurse will choose right department with 100% possibility.

For example, item REGISTRY_NURSE_DEPARTMENT_RECOGNISION_PERCENT by default = 100. If less:
1) random in range: nurse send patient into right department
2) random out of range: nurse send patient into emergency department
Same logic as for item CLINIC_REFERRAL_PATIENTS_PERCENT.

It's important point. Because if player see patient go to registry, then going to surgery — it's obvious he has surgery related diagnosys

Last edited by mishelle89 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:50 am
Hi, I'm pretty sure this only happens if the known symptoms indicate that all possible diagnoses are from a single department, it actually uses the same rules as doctors at emergency to decide whether a patient needs to be sent to a specialized department.

Btw the first tweakable should be slowly making its way through testing and probably will end up in the next patch already. (:
kubas
resident

Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:20 pm
Thats nice news! Can you tell what is ETA for this patch and what will bring this tweakable? 🙂
prostefanx
attending

Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:55 pm
i would appreciate this WHEN i get THE MONEY i would get if i treat them when i send to another hospital for those who cant be treaten in my hospital
mishelle89
resident

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:07 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, I'm pretty sure this only happens if the known symptoms indicate that all possible diagnoses are from a single department, it actually uses the same rules as doctors at emergency to decide whether a patient needs to be sent to a specialized department.

Btw the first tweakable should be slowly making its way through testing and probably will end up in the next patch already. (:

Great news! =)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum