Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lizzyp
medic

[MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load Empty [MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 pm
The savegame won't  load due to the error code: object reference not set to an instance of an object. I've searched on this forum and on the steam discussion forum without sucess. I use multiple mods and all DLC's. It worked just fine until i integrated the new Traumatology department, now the save can't be loaded at all. I know I'm using a few mods but the issue occured when the new Traumatology deparment was built. I just wanna know whether the issue is due to mods or something fixable.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
[MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(142 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

[MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load Empty Re: [MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:04 pm
Hey @Lizzyp, I've just got work for the next 10 hours but when I am home I'll take a look for you, do you think you could list the mods you use? Maybe just a main screen screenshot should help.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load Empty Re: [MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load

Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:09 am
Lizzyp wrote:The savegame won't  load due to the error code: object reference not set to an instance of an object. I've searched on this forum and on the steam discussion forum without sucess. I use multiple mods and all DLC's. It worked just fine until i integrated the new Traumatology department, now the save can't be loaded at all. I know I'm using a few mods but the issue occured when the new Traumatology deparment was built. I just wanna know whether the issue is due to mods or something fixable.

Thanks in advance!

Hi and thank you for your report. When this happens after update from our side, it usually means that one of the mods you are using needs to be updated. I tried to load the save, to see if it was possible, but got an error of missing ROOM_TYPE_ONCO office. So my suggestion would be to disable the mod that has something to do with this and try to load again or contact the author of the mod to update it.
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:13 pm
Hi Guys,

I am not getting that ROOM_TYPE_ONCO issue sorry but if this was tested without downloading the Oncology mod that'd probably explain how it was missing, maybe?

The log for me is showing this:
Code:

EntityManager Entities: 11446

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

[Patient Leon Forsyth , 1001001911]: Lying character with standing animation

Broken pointer to entity ID 1073001017

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Lopital.Ambulance.MakeCompatibleee () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Lopital.AmbulanceManager.MakeAmbulancesCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Lopital.AmbulanceManager.MakeCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at InGameMenuController.Load (System.String loadFileName, System.String addonFolder) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

TutorialController - object not assigned to HighlightGameMode

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MapEditorController.MainUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapEditorController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MapEditorController.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I downloaded pretty much all your mods to test the file, I am honestly not too sure what the issue is sorry, maybe one of the devs will notice something odd in that code?
I did look through your save file for possible issue diagnosis but couldn't find any possible issues (nothing that looked odd). Unless an actual object is causing the problem but that doesn't seem overly likely.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 pm
Hi all, this looks somewhat familiar, we fixed one slightly similar issue around the release of traumatology - but this time we seem to be looking at multiple broken helicopters that somehow ended up in the save. Let me see if I can somehow fix the save directly...

Other than that, we'll definitely want to prevent this from happening in the future and to other players, so any details that could help us figure out how it happened in the first place would be most welcome - did you for example place and delete the helicopter or move it around multiple times?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:25 pm
Ok, a bit of a long shot, but please try this save. We should then have a fix included in the game in the next patch, although it will only fix the issue during loading, not really prevent the situation from happening - we'll need more info for that, not sure if this specific case will be enough.
Attachments
[MODDED RESOLVED] Savegame won't load Attachment
St. Peters.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.1 Mb) Downloaded 4 times
Lizzyp
medic

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm
Wow! I did not expect so many responses and feedback so quickly. Thanks all! Jan now that you mention it, I did place the helicopter around and I remember one instance where it lagged out until i pressed Escape and it reverted back on the helipad. It does indeed seem like it's connected to the helicopters in some way.

I downloaded the save and it does indeed work. I've already started a new hospital where I'll see whether the problem occurs again in the future.

Thanks for the quick response and fix of the file!
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 pm
Hi @Lizzyp, really glad the devs could fix it up for you!

@Jan, how do you guys normally fix saves? Or do you just hunt around the xml file for a good while with notepad++? Definitely would be a useful thing to have in my back pocket (i think one other has this issue on the steam forum so if I know how to fix the saves, if i can, could definitely take some pressure off you guys).
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:30 am
sleepy068 wrote:Hi @Lizzyp, really glad the devs could fix it up for you!

@Jan, how do you guys normally fix saves? Or do you just hunt around the xml file for a good while with notepad++? Definitely would be a useful thing to have in my back pocket (i think one other has this issue on the steam forum so if I know how to fix the saves, if i can, could definitely take some pressure off you guys).

Hi, thanks! Yes, generally when I fix a save like this it means extracting the file and editing the xml in a text editor - with modded files I can't open/fix/resave them in the development version of the game (with the code fix that will go out live later) which would be the preferred and safer option.

In this specific case we were pretty lucky because it was possible to identify what was wrong and the fix was basically removing all ambulances with parameter <m_isHelicopter>true</m_isHelicopter> apart from the last one. No idea though if it will be the same case with the other player, but feel free to send their save our way too.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:01 pm
And one more quick update, the fix is now live in the form of a hotfix build, so hopefully there will be no need for manual fixes for this particular issue from this point on.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum