Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Creat
intern

[RESOLVED? NEED MORE INFO] can no longer load savegame (from the 3rd tutorial) Empty [RESOLVED? NEED MORE INFO] can no longer load savegame (from the 3rd tutorial)

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:49 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I originally intended to report a bug, but it turned out not be be one (just a bit confusing) when playing the 3rd tutorial mission. But I still have the save game and wanted to continue the mission, but I can no longer load it.

Problem: Can't load the attaches save game. The progress bar quickly loads to 100%, but then the screen stays like that. Waited for many minutes, no change.

Reproduce: Try to load the attached save game. If it works on your end I'll gladly provide logs of course...
Attachments
[RESOLVED? NEED MORE INFO] can no longer load savegame (from the 3rd tutorial) Attachment
Cant take patient under my care.zip Save game mentioned aboveYou don't have permission to download attachments.(659 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED? NEED MORE INFO] can no longer load savegame (from the 3rd tutorial) Empty Re: [RESOLVED? NEED MORE INFO] can no longer load savegame (from the 3rd tutorial)

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:01 pm
Hi, thanks for the report! As you already suggested, could you also attach your log file? The save seems to load fine on our side, so it can be something related to platform, access rights etc, hopefully there will be some useful info there to point us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!
Creat
intern

[RESOLVED? NEED MORE INFO] can no longer load savegame (from the 3rd tutorial) Empty Re: [RESOLVED? NEED MORE INFO] can no longer load savegame (from the 3rd tutorial)

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:07 pm
Well, I can now also load it just fine. When it broke initially I tried multiple times to load it, including restarting the game, then gave up and just started a new map (sandbox). That part worked fine. All of that was on my laptop. I've since been playing that for a few hours (was on a long-ish train ride) and just got home. Now the laptop also loads it just fine, as does my main PC (played around with it a bit, can't get it to not load anymore on either).
So starting (or saving?) a new game has apparently fixed whatever it was that got broken. Until then, that savegame was the only one I had, since autosave also appears to be off in tutorial missions (at least it didn't generate any).

In case you're curious why I initially took that save: I got stuck on that very moment for a couple of minutes (thought it was broken). During that tutorial, I was building out and staffing the general surgery department, as per the instructions. I then pauses to let you take control of the patient that just arrived with the ambulance. Since I'm building out the 2nd floor, that's where my camera is, and the game pauses at the very instant the new patient disappears under it's floors, almost perfectly hidden (only the very edge of the stretcher is slightly shining through the door). Of course it's trivial to see once you drop the camera to the ground floor, but I was looking at and around the ambulance. Oh well Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum