Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
flashpointzocker
medic

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Game not launching (freezing) // from Steam discussions Empty [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Game not launching (freezing) // from Steam discussions

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:08 pm
Since yesterday the launch process freezes up when starting PH (steam also shows the application as "running" even though I killed it via task manager and I need a forced reboot afterwards to get everything back to normal again). I checked the search here but couldn't find any solution to the launch problem that happens here. Game worked fine since I downloaded it first on Nov 1. Any advice?

The most curious thing is that it worked in the meantime for about a day or so. I managed to get it running by forcing my laptop to rund on the nvidia GPU (for some reason, the game was launching it on the internal graphic card only which I never set anywhere as a default launching option whatsover). Very weird that it worked, didn't work, then worked again and then didn't work again (from Thursday to Friday, today) even though I didn't change any single thing whatsoever.

Specs: (sorry for German, I hope its alright?) Thanks in advance, the game is addictive so I hop it can be resolved!
Betriebssystemname Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Zusätzliche Betriebssystembeschreibung Nicht verfügbar
Betriebssystemhersteller Microsoft Corporation
Systemname AGANDO-PC
Systemhersteller Notebook
Systemmodell W65_67SB
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Datum American Megatrends Inc. 1.05.02, 21.08.2015
SMBIOS-Version 2.8
Windows-Verzeichnis C:\Windows
Systemverzeichnis C:\Windows\system32
Startgerät \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Gebietsschema Deutschland
Hardwareabstraktionsebene Version = "6.1.7601.24545"
Benutzername Agando-PC\Agando
Zeitzone Mitteleuropäische Zeit
Installierter physikalischer Speicher (RAM) 8,00 GB
Gesamter realer Speicher 7,89 GB
Verfügbarer realer Speicher 2,76 GB
Gesamter virtueller Speicher 15,8 GB
Verfügbarer virtueller Speicher 9,69 GB
Größe der Auslagerungsdatei 7,89 GB
Auslagerungsdatei C:\pagefile.sys
Attachments
[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Game not launching (freezing) // from Steam discussions Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(23 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Game not launching (freezing) // from Steam discussions Empty Re: [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO] Game not launching (freezing) // from Steam discussions

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:13 am
Hi, thanks for the message, this actually looks pretty similar to a know problem reported here on the forum - if it's the same issue, the TL/DR is: only install certified drivers from your laptop's manufacturer. There's a detailed guide in this thread on NVIDIA forums: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/400186/some-games-crash-after-launching-due-to-gpu/

Here's the original report:
https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t2802-resolved-game-crashes-on-start-no-crytix-installed-laptop-with-intelnvidia-gpus

Let us know if you managed to solve the issue this way!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum