Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
schmuad
medic

[RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs Empty [RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs

Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:04 pm
Hi.
Ive bought this game few days ago through Steam. When im trying to start it, duble click on icon or from steam, a window shows but with white blank screen. Sound is running in background, i hear music, but there is no game image. I have not installed Critix, did not need it. I dont have problem with games on Unity, have Escape From Tarkov and its running well.
In my laptop i have 2 graphics cards, one from Intel and second GeForce 1050 with 4GB memory, CPU - i5, 8GB RAM. Ive tried to run from folder where the game is located, forcing to run it on integrated graphics and on GeForce. When im starting game on GeForce, there is this white blank screen problem, but when i run game on Intel card game starts, there is loading screen with game image. Whene game eneter to main menu, after one second, game crashes - shuts down - i cant do anything.
if I doubled the topic, I am sorry but I could not find anything in similar subjects.
Please help me with this problem.
I attach below a screenshoot and a output log.
Attachments
[RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(11 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
[RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs Attachment
1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(458 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(115 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:45 am
Hi, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issue.

We've only seen one other player with similar problem earlier this year, so I'm not sure it's exactly the same situation, but updating graphics drivers for both Intel and NVIDIA and forcing the game to run on the integrated graphics fixed the issue then, so hopefully that's the solution here as well. Let us know if this helped!

Here's the link that helped us figure out what went wrong the last time:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/azeuce/cant_run_unity_games_on_my_graphics_card/
schmuad
medic

[RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Game crashes on start, no Citrix - Laptop with Intel+NVIDIA GPUs

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:10 pm
Ive install new drivers for Intel card and its works. Problem was, that i have to install drivers from Acer site, not from Intel. Now everthing works fine. Thanks a lot for help. Stay healthy Smile
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:44 am
Hi, great, very happy to hear that this worked - also let me pin this thread in case somebody else runs into this issue in the future.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:56 am
Hi, a small update after the issue popped up again on the Steam forum - TL/DR: only install certified drivers from your laptop's manufacturer. There's a detailed guide in this thread on NVIDIA forums: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/400186/some-games-crash-after-launching-due-to-gpu/
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:44 pm
Hi, we have one more report of similar issues on a laptop with NVIDIA GTX 960M - solved by rolling back the graphics driver to a 2018 version.

Once again, here's the detailed guide from NVIDIA forums:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/400186/some-games-crash-after-launching-due-to-gpu/
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum