Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lmirante
intern

[RESOLVED] Game crashes on startup Empty [RESOLVED] Game crashes on startup

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:09 pm
My game is crashing on startup.  I've looked around and I don't think the Citrix stuff is applicable because I can't find Citrix anywhere on my machine.  I'm getting a really quick popup which I've attached.

I have the following mods installed: Wall  Design Mod, More Posters, Objects: Signs, Objects: Waiting Room.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Lisa
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Game crashes on startup Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Game crashes on startup

Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:15 am
Hi, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issue - looking at the log, I can see some unusual errors right at the beginning when the game engine starts and loads its code, my best guess would be a corrupted install. Could you try to 'verify integrity of game files' in Properties/Local files on Steam (or just try to uninstall and reinstall the game) and see if it makes a difference?

One more quick question: did the game work before installing the mods you mentioned or did you install everything before trying to launch it for the first time?

lmirante likes this post

lmirante
intern

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:09 pm
I verified the files and 200+ were corrupted. It now seems to be working. As for the mods, they've been there for a while. I've played (too) many hours with no problem.

Thanks for your help. I'll remember this answer if I have similar problems in the future. I didn't know this was a thing - it's kind of hidden.

Thanks again!

Lisa
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:17 pm
lmirante wrote:I verified the files and 200+ were corrupted.  It now seems to be working.  As for the mods, they've been there for a while.  I've played (too) many hours with no problem.

Thanks for your help.  I'll remember this answer if I have similar problems in the future.  I didn't know this was a thing - it's kind of hidden.  

Thanks again!

Lisa

Hi, we are glad that it helped:) Let us know if run in some trouble again. Have a great day

lmirante likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum