Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bohauo
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup Empty [NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:51 pm
Hello.

So i use GOG as my server for this game, anyhow when i hit "play" button the "config" window appear and i hit "play!" again.
The game starts to load and then crashes.

Attached you will find the "output_log", and "DxDiag"

Any other information you need at this stage?
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup Attachment
output_log.txt Game log.You don't have permission to download attachments.(20 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
[NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup Attachment
DxDiag.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(90 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:04 am
Bohauo wrote:Hello.

So i use GOG as my server for this game, anyhow when i hit "play" button the "config" window appear and i hit "play!" again.
The game starts to load and then crashes.

Attached you will find the "output_log", and "DxDiag"

Any other information you need at this stage?

Hi and thank you for your report. Do you by any chance have citrix installed? If so then this might help.

https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t2476-citrix-workaround
Bohauo
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Game crash at startup

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:00 pm
I don't know, never heard about it... dose it come with Windows 10 Pro as standard? (pre installed)?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:11 pm
Hi, Citrix is a remote desktop solution that's known to interfere with Unity games and has been the only common source of crashes among Project Hospital players - quite a few people have been using it for work recently.

As the problem is clearly something different in your case, could you try:
- Start the game with/without Galaxy in case it's related to the GOG integration in the game?
- Downgrade the game to a previous version (probably 1.2.20147) so we could check if the last update played a role (have you successfully launched the game before)? If you uncheck the setting to keep the game up to date, Galaxy should give you a list of versions.

Thanks in advance!
Bohauo
resident

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:53 pm
Ok, i have a problem with the latest patch/update that got out 4 day ago...
when installing 1.2.20271 everything works again.

i have added a full hardware list of my computer in case anyone else has the problem.

Intel Core i7 8700K
MSI Z370 A-Pro Mother Board
16 GB DDR4 RAM (Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 16GB)
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (GIGABYTE RTX 2060 OC 6G)
Sys drive: 250 GB SSD
D: 4 TB Samsung SSD
E: 500 GB Samsung 7200 rpm
F: 1 TB Seagate 5400 rpm
Z: 1 TB Samsung 5400 rpm
Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit
HID: Cooler Master - Masterkeys Lite L (mouse & keyboard combo)

Thank you for your help!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm
Hi, thanks for the update! The latest release contains an Unity engine upgrade to a slightly more up to date minor version that should solve the Citrix issues mentioned above. We had already scratched a similar upgrade (to a more recent Unity version) previously as there had been problems with the GOG build, but this time it seemed to work fine at least during our testing.

It looks like we'll have to roll back in the next patch...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum