Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zodiac_A
resident

[RESOLVED LOC] Flu pandemic event: The patient number don't increase Empty [RESOLVED LOC] Flu pandemic event: The patient number don't increase

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:55 pm
Due to random events, that may happen each day, sometimes it`s a flu pandemic & description says about increasing the amout of patients by 10-20% a day for a day or two. Howeever the number of patient stay constant. To my mind there is something wrong with event or description. Could you please check?
Attachments
[RESOLVED LOC] Flu pandemic event: The patient number don't increase Attachment
Bug1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.5 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED LOC] Flu pandemic event: The patient number don't increase Empty Re: [RESOLVED LOC] Flu pandemic event: The patient number don't increase

Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:07 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, there's a couple of events that don't add extra patients, but balance how your patients are distributed between clinic and hospitalization, this one is basically "more patients in the clinic, less ambulance calls". Maybe the texts aren't perfectly clear. Btw are you playing in English or Russian?
Zodiac_A
resident

[RESOLVED LOC] Flu pandemic event: The patient number don't increase Empty Re: [RESOLVED LOC] Flu pandemic event: The patient number don't increase

Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:19 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, there's a couple of events that don't add extra patients, but balance how your patients are distributed between clinic and hospitalization, this one is basically "more patients in the clinic, less ambulance calls". Maybe the texts aren't perfectly clear. Btw are you playing in English or Russian?
Hi Jan, thanks for fast reply. In this way, it`s just incorrect translation into Russian. In Russian version there is no even half of the sense that have an original. To my mind, the amount of such events are rather limited. In this way I may help in translation if needed. I don't seems like it will take a lot of time.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:23 am
Hi, ok, thanks for checking! If you'd like to have a closer look at the Russian translations for the events, here's where the files are - but I have a hunch the English originals won't be much better, there's a limitation that these texts need to fit into the boxes on the left side of the screen, so they need to be really short - not sure how much these can be really improved, but if you come up with some changes, let me know. Smile

...steam\steamapps\common\Project Hospital\ProjectHospital_Data\StreamingAssets\Addons\DLCHospitalServices\Database\Localization\StringTableRuDLCAdminPathology.xml and the texts for the events start at line 325 (or you can search for DLC_WORLD_EVENT_RENOVATION, the first one). Thanks again!
Zodiac_A
resident

Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:59 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, ok, thanks for checking! If you'd like to have a closer look at the Russian translations for the events, here's where the files are - but I have a hunch the English originals won't be much better, there's a limitation that these texts need to fit into the boxes on the left side of the screen, so they need to be really short - not sure how much these can be really improved, but if you come up with some changes, let me know. Smile

...steam\steamapps\common\Project Hospital\ProjectHospital_Data\StreamingAssets\Addons\DLCHospitalServices\Database\Localization\StringTableRuDLCAdminPathology.xml and the texts for the events start at line 325 (or you can search for DLC_WORLD_EVENT_RENOVATION, the first one). Thanks again!

Hi, Jan. I have checked the translation, it is correct. The event description in English version says "<LocID>DLC_WORLD_EVENT_FLU_SEASON</LocID>  <Text>Flu season, {1}% more patients come to the clinic.</Text></GameDBLocalizedString>". In this way, the number of patient should increase related to description, however it stays constant 27+4.
There were just 1 minor mistake in translation at the string <Text>{1}% more injured patients arrive each day.</Text></GameDBLocalizedString>.The right translation is <Text>Каждый день в больницу обращается на {1}% больше травмированных пациентов.</Text></GameDBLocalizedString>. I have checked just "Global Admin Events". I can`t attach xml files.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:40 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, first, thanks for the little fix!

I've had a proper look at the code in the meantime (it's been a while since we worked on these parts) and the way the rules are implemented is actually based on the types of diagnoses. The numbers should indeed stay the same, but there will be more sick patients (flu and cold) and less broken bones and concussions, basically the opposite to the bank holidays event.

So yes, the description is quite a big simplification, but I'd guess it's close enough given the little space available for the texts. Maybe "Flu season, {1}% more sick patients come to the clinic." would be a good compromise. Smile
Zodiac_A
resident

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:03 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, first, thanks for the little fix!

I've had a proper look at the code in the meantime (it's been a while since we worked on these parts) and the way the rules are implemented is actually based on the types of diagnoses. The numbers should indeed stay the same, but there will be more sick patients (flu and cold) and less broken bones and concussions, basically the opposite to the bank holidays event.

So yes, the description is quite a big simplification, but I'd guess it's close enough given the little space available for the texts. Maybe "Flu season, {1}% more sick patients come to the clinic." would be a good compromise. Smile

Hi Jan, thanks your job. It seems to be a good compromise.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum