Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
luvdab3achx0x0
medic

[NEED MORE INFO MAYBE RESOLVED] Not Enough Funds in Free Build  Empty [NEED MORE INFO MAYBE RESOLVED] Not Enough Funds in Free Build

Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:57 pm
I am encountering a problem in free build where it will let me build for a while with the balance in the red, however, after an hour or so, it tells me I not have enough funds and does not let me build anymore. I posted this issue in Bugs & Tech support in the Steam community section and was told to come here and upload the save file.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO MAYBE RESOLVED] Not Enough Funds in Free Build  Attachment
scratch 2.zip Here is the save file.You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.5 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO MAYBE RESOLVED] Not Enough Funds in Free Build  Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO MAYBE RESOLVED] Not Enough Funds in Free Build

Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:47 pm
Hi, thanks for spotting this, it actually looks like a bug that we managed to miss for ~3 years! Smile Also, an easy fix which will be included in the next update.

I think the best explanation why it took so long for anybody to notice is that with free building it's just not common to go to the red numbers with your balance. The issue itself seems to only affect the text reported on the bottom panel, it shows 'not enough funds' as soon as you're below zero, but doesn't prevent placing rooms or objects (although it can hide the actual reason why something can't be put on a certain spot). Could you please confirm that this behavior matches what you're seeing on your side?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO MAYBE RESOLVED] Not Enough Funds in Free Build  Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO MAYBE RESOLVED] Not Enough Funds in Free Build

Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:41 pm
Hi, a quick update as a colleague linked me the steam discussion - so it looks more like an issue that wasn't considered to be a bug as the building wasn't blocked. I still suspect that when you can't build, it's actually for a different reason and the text unfortunately hides the information.

Btw, if you encounter it again, do you think you could take a loan to get back above zero and see what the same situation looks like without the 'not enough funds' text? That could help us confirm what's going on. Thanks in advance! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum