Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Veletyci
medic

[MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight Empty [MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight

Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:15 pm
On my last games, I noticed that the finance tab "breaks" after a few days.

After the day flips at midnight, if I go back to "yesterday," all the totals are zeroed out. Income and expenses per department on each line still appear as normal, but the sum line at the bottom of the page and the line that computes other expenses (such as construction) and income (such as insurance bonuses from completing objectives) are set to 0.

The statistics tab also deletes all the information on treated/misdiagnosed/dead patients for "yesterday."

I started a new game after a clean reinstall. The only mod I'm using is an empty scenario mod with no other mod dependencies (Vesputac Hospital [Empty]) that literally just provides the exterior of a hospital as a scenario file. The bug triggered as soon as Day 2 rolled into Day 3.

Note that I have made some edits to .XML files, such as increasing the number of active insurance companies, reducing the price of character creation, allowing Protective Dressing to be performed at ER, etc. but nothing that should touch the finance tab. Besides, Day 2 was being computed properly, without bugs, until the day flipped at midnight. Then the consolidated statistics for Day 2 were erased.

Could you please look into this? I'm not terribly bothered by the finance tab bug because I can just compute the revenue, expenses, and profit manually. But deleting the record of treated patients messes with the "NO_PATIENTS_SENT_AWAY_OR_WENT_AWAY_DAYS" check for insurance company objectives.

Thank you.
Attachments
[MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight Attachment
output_log.zip LogYou don't have permission to download attachments.(47 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Last attempt.zip Save fileYou don't have permission to download attachments.(4.5 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
Database.zip Database folder for modified .XML files (specially insurance companies)You don't have permission to download attachments.(358 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight Empty Re: [MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight

Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:50 pm
Hi, after running the game with all your local changes, I finally have an explanation: your changes to the perks xml file break the game every time (every midnight) it tries to generate a patient with the 'pirate' perk that you removed. There are somewhat complex rules in the game code for how often each perk appears and which combinations are allowed, so just removing it from the data won't unfortunately have any effect apart from breaking the game every now and then. [MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight 1f605
Veletyci
medic

[MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight Empty Re: [MODDED] Finance and statistics wiped at midnight

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:02 pm
Damn, I had completely forgot about that one. I feel so silly for taking your time with this. I'm sorry, and thank you very much!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum