Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
beckah123
intern

[QUESTION] Overclocked CPU Empty [QUESTION] Overclocked CPU

Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:25 pm
Hi, I got a new laptop a little while ago, sometimes when I play project hospital it will blue screen and say I have an overclock error. Any idea's of how I can resolve it? My laptop attempts to take a windows error report but doesn't get past 0% so I have to force a shut down. It happens very randomly, sometimes I can play for hours with no issues and sometimes it will happen in the first 10 minutes.

Here's my laptop info:

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12500H   3.10 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 350

I'm not very tech savvy so if you could explain it super simply I would be very grateful!

Thanks Smile
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Overclocked CPU Empty Re: [QUESTION] Overclocked CPU

Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:35 am
Hi, sorry to hear about your issue and thanks for letting us know!

This is the first time after a very long time that we heard about a problem related to overclocking (and the first time it's been reported on a laptop). Generally Project Hospital fully utilizes one core of your CPU to run the simulation plus other cores when needed, but this should be similar to how other games behave.

A couple of tips/possible workarounds:

- Could you check which power profile you're using in windows and choose a powersaving or balanced one? Maybe the laptop has issues running in max performance mode for an extended period of time.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-power-mode-for-your-windows-pc-c2aff038-22c9-f46d-5ca0-78696fdf2de8

- Could you check the refresh frequency of your display and if a higher number is chosen, try to select 60 Hz? When the game runs with V-SYNC (this can be selected in the configuration window under "quality" when it starts and is probably on by default), it will limit itself to 60 FPS and hopefully lessen the load on the CPU
https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-change-monitor-refresh-rate-windows-10

Let me know if any of these helped!
beckah123
intern

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:14 pm
Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me! I will try out these workarounds and see how I get on. I do tend to run my power profile on highest performance so it could be that, I will also have a look at the refresh and v-sync settings.

Thanks again!

Ps: Since I have the chance I just want to let you know how much I love project hospital, it's my favorite game by a long shot and nothing else scratches that same itch (and I play a lot of games!) I really look forward to playing the next Oxymoron game Smile

jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:07 pm
Hi, thanks a lot and fingers crossed that one of the workarounds does the job!

P.S.: The next Oxymoron game in case you missed our announcement: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2147380/Silence_of_the_Siren/ Smile
beckah123
intern

Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:16 pm
Hello again,

Just wanted to come back and say that the CPU issue has now shown up in another game and so I believe it's an issue with my laptop rather than project hospital. Thought I'd better say just incase it's useful Smile

Looking forward to silence of the siren's release!

jan.oxymoron likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum