Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

[OPEN] Assigning Departments during Special Diag Empty [OPEN] Assigning Departments during Special Diag

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 pm
I discovered this first when I tried to manage night shift ER ambulance cases with fractured bones. I would sent the patients to X-Ray. During transport, when the patient is on a stretcher or the nurse is on her way with a stretcher to pick up the patient, it's impossible to reassign the department (I wanted the patient to go straight to Orth after X-Ray without taking an ER nurse and a trip back to the ER first). I noticed it was possible to assign the department while that patient was on the X-Ray table undergoing the diagnosis proceedure. I also noticed, that the nurses would come flying in through the door to the room exactly when the procedure was completed. That seemed a little too timely to me. I assumed the nurse was immediatly coming to pick up the patient as soon as I assigned the department and it only happened by chance they would get there after the procedure was done, instead of stealing the patient mid procedure (I do not know what effect this would have).

But now I finally broke the game doing this, and I did it by using a clinic patient. I sent him to X-Ray, and while he was walking to X-Ray I reassigned him to Orthopedics. Well, now he's stuck in a chair outside X-Ray. I manually assigned him a doctor, I canceled his X-Ray and re-queued it, but he is waiting for a technician that doesn't know he's coming, and won't be calling him into the room.

Last edited by cTrix on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
trad03cm
resident

[OPEN] Assigning Departments during Special Diag Empty Re: [OPEN] Assigning Departments during Special Diag

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:53 pm
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
I like that your nurse was there as soon as the x-ray was finished. My guy was stuck in the x-ray all night, no nurses turned up haha
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Assigning Departments during Special Diag Empty Re: [OPEN] Assigning Departments during Special Diag

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Hi, thanks for catching this, such specific cases can go easily unnoticed during testing. Smile
We'll try to reproduce it on our side and as a fix probably delay the transport for after any examinations/treatments have finished.
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm
I'm not sure if it's the same issue or a separate one, but I've noticed that sometimes hospital doctors will walk to the patients bed instead of a diagnosis room to start like a physical examination, then the nurse picks up the patient and moves him to the general diagnosis room, then the doctor follows the patient there and finishes his examination. No idea how to replicate sorry.

I think it's related to automatically assigned examinations. I have no idea how those work.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum