Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
neofusion
intern

[OPEN] Flickering props and missing faces Empty [OPEN] Flickering props and missing faces

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:40 pm
Since patch 5 I have noticed several visual bugs that manifest as missing faces on character portraits and parts of furniture flickering between layers.
See examples of the bugs in the attached screenshots.

I run the game on macOS X 10.12.6 with a Geforce GTX 1070 Ti on a non-retina display.
Attachments
[OPEN] Flickering props and missing faces Attachment
faces.png Missing facesYou don't have permission to download attachments.(747 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
flickering_props_1.png Parts of props flickerYou don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Mb) Downloaded 5 times
flickering_props_2.png Parts of props flicker 2You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.9 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
goofy1984
intern

[OPEN] Flickering props and missing faces Empty Re: [OPEN] Flickering props and missing faces

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:03 pm
The flickering bug is also exist in the Windows version.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Flickering props and missing faces Empty Re: [OPEN] Flickering props and missing faces

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:13 am
Thanks for the report! The portraits should be hopefully easily fixable.

goofy1984 wrote:The flickering bug is also exist in the Windows version.
Hi, have you seen it during normal gameplay or only when placing prefabs?
neofusion
intern

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 pm
An update since patch 9:
The flickering props issue when placing prefabs seems to be resolved; it may still be drawing a chairs backrest below the seat but that's a minor issue and much less distracting than the flickering.

The face issue remains, I've attached another example.
A variant is having the whole face missing, that typically becomes more common after some game time has passed.
Attachments
props.png Placing prefabYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
portraits.png Half-faced doctorsYou don't have permission to download attachments.(231 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
neofusion
intern

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm
The problem with missing faces still remains.

I had high hopes 1.1 would fix it, but alas, no change.
neofusion
intern

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:19 pm
After asking Jan about this he gave me a possible fix to try in the form of adding these "Set launch options" to the game's Steam Properties:
-force-glcore42 -force-clamped

Jan said it had helped some Linux users who had rendering problems with their Nvidia cards.

Preliminary playtesting suggests it also solved my problem with missing facial features.

Edit: I'll add that the cause appears to be a bug in Unity, so it's possible it will be fixed in-game in a future Unity-update.
Thanks again Jan!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, that's great news! \o/

As I mentioned in the PM, I wasn't raising my hopes too high it will be the same problem and the same solution. What is even better is that we can set the parameters on Steam without even patching the game, so it will automatically solve itself for other players that have been affected.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum