Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
futuroattore86
futuroattore86
intern

[OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip Empty [OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:29 pm
Hi, devs!
Description:
When I mouse over an icon on the rightmost part of the required room/staff for the hospitalization panel , the helping tooltip simply starts flickering not allowing me to see its contents. It happens because the tooltip window goes "outside" the screen, but since it's not possible to move the aforementioned panel, it is just impossible to see its contents. That happens in every screen resolution (I tried different ones) and I already tried to change the UI scale, but there is no difference.

Repro steps
- Play any game mode in fullscreen and in any screen resolution;
- Hover the mouse over an icon on the rightmost part of the required room/staff for hospitalization panel.

PS: I don't think you need the file log or a save file, but i'll attach it the same.
Attachments
[OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip Attachment
autosave_H20.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
[OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(126 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip Empty Re: [OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:03 pm
futuroattore86 wrote:Hi, devs!
Description:
When I mouse over an icon on the rightmost part of the required room/staff for the hospitalization panel , the helping tooltip simply starts flickering not allowing me to see its contents. It happens because the tooltip window goes "outside" the screen, but since it's not possible to move the aforementioned panel, it is just impossible to see its contents. That happens in every screen resolution (I tried different ones) and I already tried to change the UI scale, but there is no difference.

Repro steps
- Hover the mouse over an icon on the rightmost part of the required room/staff for hospitalization panel.

PS: I don't think you need the file log or a save file, but i'll attach it the same.
Hi, thank you for reporting this one. Does it happen for all of the rooms and staff or some specific ones? and only on the right side? And what is your setup?
I just tried bunch of different resolution combinations and i am unable to reproduce this one.
futuroattore86
futuroattore86
intern

[OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip Empty Re: [OPEN] Required room/staff for hospitalization's "flickering" tooltip

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:14 pm
ondrej.oxymoron wrote:
futuroattore86 wrote:Hi, devs!
Description:

Repro steps

Hi, thank you for reporting this one. Does it happen for all of the rooms and staff or some specific ones? and only on the right side? And what is your setup?
I just tried bunch of different resolution combinations and i am unable to reproduce this one.

Ok I'll try to answer all your questions.

- First of all, yes, it's only on the right side (where the department hospitalization requirements panel is located), and since it is non possible to drag it on another position...well,  it's only on the right side of the screen.

- Yes, it happens for all of the rooms, or better, for all the departments.

-  My setup, is: fullscreen and a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 (but as i wrote in the OP, if I change screen resolution, the problem persists... on my screen, at least) ... if it could
  be useful, i'm playing on a TV as a monitor, in 4k.

I would like to take a screenshot... but as you can imagine, it wouldn't serve no purpose as i couldn't reproduce the issue. (I can't "screenshot" something  that flickers....)
But I'll take it the same, maybe just editing it a bit to show you the actual problem i'm experiencing.

PS: If you see Italian language in my screenshots, it's because i'm testing my own italian translation (that I 've already updated on GitHub, by the way). But in my case the issue appears  with default english language also)

Cheers,
Giuseppe Balestrazzi
Attachments
Screenshot 1.png Here I show where the "issue" is..You don't have permission to download attachments.(5.9 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
Screenshot 2.png Here is a "prefect timed" screenshot while the tooltip appears for just a fraction of time...You don't have permission to download attachments.(6 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:55 pm
Hi, I managed to reproduce it, it's related to setting a bigger UI scale - the tooltip positioning then places the tooltip right under the cursor and deactivates it, because you're not hovering over the original text/icon anymore. We'll try to fix this for the next patch.
futuroattore86
futuroattore86
intern

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:10 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, I managed to reproduce it, it's related to setting a bigger UI scale - the tooltip positioning then places the tooltip right under the cursor and deactivates it, because you're not hovering over the original text/icon anymore. We'll try to fix this for the next patch.

Good to know! Sure is not a game breaking bug but still could be a little bit annoying one... I'm looking forward for the next patch!

PS:...just with regard to the next patch: I'm one of the contributors to the Italian translation (the more recently active one, by the look of it  lol!  ) ... is there any chance to see our italian texts into the next patch? It's just about complete (i'm only fixing some little mistakes or typos found here and there while testing it in-game...)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum