Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blutvogt
resident

[OPEN LOW] Patients Arriving after closing time / pathfinding Empty [OPEN LOW] Patients Arriving after closing time / pathfinding

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 am

Patient come after 18:00, taking a seat and leaving.

Patients and Staff using the shortest route, but don't take note of any obstacle like walls
Attachments
[OPEN LOW] Patients Arriving after closing time / pathfinding Attachment
newww.zip savefileYou don't have permission to download attachments.(594 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] Patients Arriving after closing time / pathfinding Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Patients Arriving after closing time / pathfinding

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:42 am
Hi, thanks for the report!

The first issue should be hopefully easy to solve on your side, just extend the reception room by a few tiles in front of the reception desk, so patients have some space to wait at - you can check the reception prefabs for reference.

Regarding the shortest route, yes, characters currently select closest objects based on distance, not route distance - the second approach would be really computationally expensive, although there might be some solutions I can try to have a look at when there's some extra time.
There will be a useful improvement related to this in the next patch though, employees will start preferring rooms marked staff-only, so you'll have more control about who uses which rooms (for example wcs).
Blutvogt
resident

[OPEN LOW] Patients Arriving after closing time / pathfinding Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Patients Arriving after closing time / pathfinding

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:32 pm
Is the reception desk really the problem? I was more concerned about the time, patients arrive. After 18:00, the hospital should be closed. And didn't got even all 50 patients before 1800.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:20 pm
Hi, yes, I'm pretty sure it is. Smile Basically this way the patients can only visit the reception one by one, always walking all the way from one corner of the map, which takes much more time then if they all walk there all at once (when they have the room to wait) and then just take turns talking to the receptionist. Let me know if it doesn't help, but this should be it.
Blutvogt
resident

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 pm
Thank you, this really solved my problem. Did not expect, the were waiting at the corner of the map.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum