Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eriol
Eriol
intern

[OPEN LOW] '"Hospitalised Patients" Lab giving results for Clinic Patients Empty [OPEN LOW] '"Hospitalised Patients" Lab giving results for Clinic Patients

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:09 pm
Hi there, been a while

I noticed an odd behavior with my laboratory dedicated for hospitalised patients. I realised that the lab technologists are giving the results for clinic patients who have just 'ended' their observation stay. This creates some form of inconsistency where the "clinic patient" is able to walk into the restricted lab.

Please see SS for further information:

SS 1 (Clinic Patient): https://prnt.sc/u6yvel
SS 2 (Lab Technologist): https://prnt.sc/u6yvo2
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] '"Hospitalised Patients" Lab giving results for Clinic Patients Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] '"Hospitalised Patients" Lab giving results for Clinic Patients

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:13 pm
Hi, thanks for the report - I can see that it can happen in this specific case, but it's mostly a result of how the samples are assigned. If a patient is hospitalized when the sample is taken/test started, it will be assigned to a technologist with the 'hospitalized patients' role, then delivered to his/her lab. As there's no system for transferring samples between labs and as the hospitalization status for patients on observation can change, there's no way to prevent patients getting their result at the lab. Let us check if we can come up with some easy workaround.
Eriol
Eriol
intern

[OPEN LOW] '"Hospitalised Patients" Lab giving results for Clinic Patients Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] '"Hospitalised Patients" Lab giving results for Clinic Patients

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi Jan, thanks for the reply. Just to check though, what is the criteria for the hospitalisation status of patients on observation to change? Is it based on duration?

Because if they are sent to observation to have their tests taken... (e.g. blood test), it wouldn't make sense for them to be discharged from observation before the tests are completed right?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:14 am
Hi, the main rule is about possible critical symptoms - if any of the tests confirms that the patient can only have a diagnosis that's not dangerous, they can get released and sent back to the clinic. If there are other lab tests running, these will still finish though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum